Epilogue 2

10 YEARS LATER

"Love, you do this every time."

"I'm sorry," Veronica sniffed, "I just get so emotional watching her leave, I don't know why. We've done this same routine for years."

"Mom," Hope groaned, her preteen mood swings kicking in, "Please stop crying, it's embarrassing."

Klaus laughed, ruffling the top of Hope's head before giving his wife a kiss on her temple.

"Welcome back, Hope!" A cheerful voice said, walking up to the trio.

Josie Saltzman, one of Caroline's daughters, smiled brightly at Hope as she held her backpack straps in her hand.

"I'm sure Caroline has the same reaction every year, right Josie?"

"Sorry, Auntie Roni, you know my mom stopped crying after the first year."

It was true. Caroline was only emotional because it was her twin daughters' first days. After that, she didn't shed a tear and encouraged the rebellious twins to go to school. But unlike Care, Veronica loved her kids' antics.

"Why aren't you crying over Henrik? It's his first year here," Hope questioned, looking over to where her brother was playing soccer with a group of boys his age.

"Trust me, she cried plenty last night. But Henrik ran off before she could even shed a tear."

"Whatever," Hope sighed, "I should probably get going. I'll call you later, promise."

"Okay, sweetheart," Veronica smiled softly down at her firstborn, the eldest of her children. Before Hope could protest, she drew her in for a tight hug and kissed the top of her head.

Hope groaned, cheeks flushed in embarrassment; which only deepened when her dad did the same goodbye.

"Love you both, bye," Hope murmured, dragging a giggling Josie by the arm and towards the entrance of the boarding school.

Klaus rubbed Veronica's back, seeing the sad look on her face.

"She's growing up too fast. I don't like it."

The original hybrid snorted, "You can't reverse time, love."

Veronica let out a small hmph and leaned her head on Klaus' shoulder, now watching her son play his game.

"We should say goodbye, he's going in soon."

Wanting to cheer his wife up and embarrass his son at the same time, Klaus smirked mischievously before shouting across the field, "Henrik Grayson Mikaelson!"

Unfortunately for Klaus, Henrik isn't one to get embarrassed easily. At ten years old, his ego is much larger than it should be; which Veronica blamed Klaus' genes for. Instead of blushing, the kid smiled and told his friends he'd be back, now running up to his parents.

"Promise to facetime your mother and I every day?"

"Pinky promise," Henrik held out his pinky, which Veronica gladly looped with her own.

"We love you so much. We understand if you're not ready for this, you can come home with us and try again next year-"

"Mom, you're gonna have to do this two more times, and you know if you offer Hera this when it's her turn she'll say yes. And I promise, I'll be okay here."

Veronica sighed, leaning out of Klaus' embrace before giving her son a tight hug, the same one she gave Hope.

"Go have fun with your friends, you know we're only one phone call away."

"Love you guys," Henrik waved, running back to where his friends were and resumed playing.

"Come on, we should start heading back. Hera looks bored with your friend and I don't want her to start a tantrum."

While she was blessed with Hope and Henrik being quiet babies and kids, Hera Rebekah Mikaelson, the very sassy six year old, was much different. Ever since the first week of her birth, the two knew they were in for a lot of trouble with her.