𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍|𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗌

"Good morning, Elijah

"Good morning, Elijah." Veronica smiled, walking into the kitchen with Hope in her arms.

After Klaus and Rebekah left last night, the brunette was still staying at the house with Elijah. The two spent the remainder of the night playing with an old board game they found and entertaining Hope.

Veronica had not told Alex the truth about what she was doing in Arkansas. She only mentioned that she was there to help Elijah, not adding that her daughter was there.

However, while on the phone last night, the brunette accidentally let it slip that Klaus and Rebekah left in the car, leaving her with no transportation for the seven hour drive. While Veronica insisted multiple times that she can simply use her vampire speed, Alex was adamant on picking her up and driving them both back.

"Hello, Veronica." Elijah kindly spoke, "Camille will be here shortly. When will your fiancé be arriving and what will you do when he sees your daughter who is supposed to be dead."

"One, call him Alex, not my fiancé. And two, I'm hoping you and Cami can hide her while he's here. It won't be long, I can just grab my things and we'll go."

"So you're going to make your soon to be husband go back on the road after seven hours of driving?"

"I liked it better when you were noble and quiet." Veronica mumbled, picking up an apple from the dish to snack on and walking to the living room.

While placing Hope down on the carpet to play with some toys that were scattered around, Elijah walked in and sat on the armrest opposite of the two.

"Have you picked out a dress yet? A location for the ceremony?"

"It's been two days, Elijah."

"And the wedding is in eleven days, is it not?"

The brunette sighed, her head turning to face the original.

"It's kind of hard to plan a wedding in ten days and spend time with my daughter who everyone thinks is dead. It's also hard to buy a dress in such a short time and find someone to walk me down the aisle seeing as my father and brother are both dead." The banshee rambled, "Speaking of family, I haven't even told anyone back home yet. Usually when you get engaged you tell everyone you know."

"Veronica, breathe." Elijah spoke in a calm tone, "Everything will work out fine. I'm sure while Cami is here she would love to help. And as for the dress, Rebekah has bought several over the years. She would be more than willing to lend you one."

Veronica nodded, smiling a bit but dropping it once she heard a car pull up.

"Is she here already?" The original asked, turning his body slightly in the chair to look out the window.

"No, that's not Cami. It's Alex." The banshee's eyes widened, "Why is he here so earlier?"

"Stall him while I hide Hope." Elijah quickly spoke, standing up and kicking the toys under the couch before picking up the child and speeding them in one of the bedrooms.

Veronica ran outside, meeting Alex on the porch.

"Hey, you." The male smiled, pulling the brunette into a hug and placing a small kiss on the top of her head.

"How was the ride?"

"Fine, I guess. Pretty boring considering I was by myself but talking on the phone with you last night made it better."

Veronica tilted her head up and sent him a beaming smile, "I just have to grab my bag then we can head out."

"Are you sure you don't wanna hangout here for a bit? It's going to be a long ride."

"Exactly, that's why we should head out now so we can make it home before it gets dark. Plus, Elijah's not really in the best condition right now. He's hallucinating and having some murdery vibes." Veronica lied, trying not to laugh as she heard Elijah scoff.

"Alright. I'll just wait out here."

The brunette smiled again, kissing his cheek before heading inside to collect her belongings. As soon as she stepped into her room, Elijah walked out from behind the door, Hope still in his arms.

"Murdery vibes?" Elijah questioned, setting the child on the bed and watching Veronica zip up the small bag she had brought with her.

"What? It's not a total lie. I heard what happened at the diner." The banshee shrugged, slinging the bag over her shoulder and picking her daughter up. She placed a kiss on her cheek and held her close, soaking in the moment for as long as she could. She knew she would see Hope again soon, but it broke her heart each time she left.

Veronica reluctantly handed Hope over, giving Elijah a quick side hug before turning on her heel and walking out of the house.

"You ready?" Alex spoke.

"Yeah. Let's go."

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

After the seven hour ride, the two were exhausted, despite them being supernatural.

"I don't think I've ever been in your apartment before. I didn't even know you had one."

The brunette laughed, closing the door behind them. "I haven't been here in awhile. After I found out I was pregnant, I had to move in with the Mikaelson's. It wasn't much of a burden, but I still missed having my own place."

"Well, now we're alone." Alex spoke, placing his hands on the hybrid's waist.

"That we are." Veronica mumbled, leaning up and connecting their lips together.

As the kiss started to get more heated, the brunette sped them into her bedroom, both falling onto the bed to enjoy their night alone.

me writing the part where Elijah kicks the toys under the couch because I can picture him awkwardly and softly nudging them under while trying to pick up Hope at the same time

also it took me five minutes to write the last two paragraphs because I felt so weird writing it (even though there's literally nothing above PG13 in it lmao)
and couldn't take myself seriously

to add, it's currently 8:40 pm where I live and I'm kind of half asleep so if there's any spelling errors please let me know (sorry for posting late!!)

xoxo

😽😽😽