forty three|witch massacre

The Originals S3:E2———————————

The Originals
S3:E2
———————————

"What's the emergency? Tonight's the full moon and I need to meet Alex." Veronica said, walking into the Lafayette Cemetery where Davina was.

Davina gulped, evidently on edge as she took the brunettes arm and led her into one of the tombs. Noticing candles and a few other items placed on the table, Veronica slightly tilted her head and furrowed her eyebrows.

"I need your help, Roni."

"Davina, you know I'd love to help you but tonight's the only night that I get to see–"

"I can help you with that," The witch interrupted, "I know I refused to help a couple months ago, but I can stop the curse. I just need you to do something for me first."

Veronica nodded, gesturing for her to continue her terms.

"There's a witch in the 9th Ward who hates that I'm Regent. She tried to kill me. If I retaliate, I'm starting a civil war, and I don't want to do that. I know you have a lot of pent-up anger you need to let out and I thought this would benefit both of us."

The hybrid opened her mouth to reply, then shut it. Before becoming apart of the supernatural world, Veronica wasn't too keen on murder. When her father trained her, she was just learning self defense, not actual killing. Of course, after being introduced to the dangers that were lurking in the shadows, her views shifted. Although it sounded a bit dreary, the brunette realized that killing couldn't be prevented and was sometimes needed. However, after turning into a vampire, these views only became more prominent and drove her to not be guilty for taking a life.

"What do you need me to do?"

Davina grinned before explaining the plan she had. After taking some blood and cutting off a piece of her hair, the witched mixed the items in a bowl and poured it over one of the candles. Soon after, a red crescent moon appeared. Beforehand, Veronica was a bit hesitant and confused as to how the spell would keep the pack from turning. Dismissing her worries, Davina claimed that since she was married to Alex and he was apart of the pack, the spell would still work.

"I put a cloaking spell on you just incase. The witch's name is Kara Nguyen. She runs a café, Chim Lac, in the lower 9th Ward. She'll be there before dawn."

Nodding her head, Veronica turned to exit the tomb, stopping in her tracks when the younger girl called out her name.

"Veronica. Thank you, again. I promise you'll see Alex."

Sending her a quick smile, the hybrid sped out of the tomb and made her way to the witch's location.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛