SEVENTEEN|sacrifice

The Originals

S1:E22

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica screamed in pain, her cries echoing off of the walls of the church.

The last thing Veronica remembered was going to sleep with a small smile on her face, reminiscing about the kiss she shared with Klaus. All was going well until she woke up to witches carrying her inside of St. Annes Church.

She had tried to put up a fight, but between whatever spell they put on her and the pain she was experiencing, it was a losing battle. She had practically allowed them to lay her on the table.

"We should take her to the City of the Dead."

"We won't make it," Genevieve said, "The baby is coming now."

Veronica shook her head, sweat coating her hair and face, "No, it's too soon!"

"Apparently not."

A younger witch looked between Genevieve and Veronica, "The plan was to induce her when the sacrifice was ready!"

"I had to subdue her, and the trauma caused a placental abruption. So, the baby is coming, and we'll just have to adapt."

Veronica struggled against the witches' hold, "Let me go!"

"You need to be calm, Veronica."

"Why are you doing this to me?"

The younger girl spoke up, "To be reborn, you must sacrifice."

"What does that even mean, you psychotic little bitch!"

Veronica wasn't one for cursing younger kids out, but she thought it was fine in this case.

"The ancestors demand an offering in exchange for power, you and your child will be a fine offering."

She fought against the exhaustion that was creeping up on her, "No, you're not taking my baby! I will kill you all!"

"No, you won't. And neither will Klaus, or Elijah! When your baby is born, you will offer her up to those who came before us."

Veronica shook her head, refusing to believe the child she'd grown to love over the last 8 months was about to die at the hands of the witches.

Genevieve gave the girl a pitiful look, "I'm sorry, Veronica, but this is the way it had to be."

Veronica clenched her jaw, about to spit back an insult when the doors of the church bursted open. Snapping her head to the side, she felt tears gather in her eyes as she looked at the figure.

Klaus, bloodied and bruised, stood in the doorway–with a look that would send anyone cowering.

His eyes zoned in on Veronica, feeling his rage heighten. There was only one thing on his mind: making the witches pay for what they had done.

As he advanced forward, one of the witches that stood to the side lifted her hand, throwing the hybrid against the wall.

Klaus growled in frustration, fighting against the spell. As he shouted threats at the coven, Genevieve placed a soothing hand on Veronica's shoulder.

"You're going to have to push now, Veronica."

"I will bring hell to your family!" Klaus yelled, only to be ignored.

"One last push! Push! The baby's almost here!"

"I will bathe in rivers of your blood!" Klaus yelled once more, only to be heard and acknowledged by none.