SIXTEEN|balcony kisses

The Originals

S1:E20

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica slid into the booth, sitting across from Klaus.

When arriving at the compound after leaving Marcel's loft, Veronica was met with silence. Neither Klaus nor Elijah were at the compound, which left her alone with her thoughts for hours. Even when she went to sleep, they were still not there.

She was shocked to wake up to the brothers in suits, instructing her to get ready for a funeral.

Which led her to be seated in Rousseau's, a black dress being painted onto her body.

"I must warn you, Veronica, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today." Elijah said, looking in between the two.

"Sod off."

Veronica sighed, looking over to the hybrid, "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Alex told me Oliver is trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of all of it. And not to mention, one of the banshees, Juliet, is still in horrible condition."

Klaus groaned, rubbing his temples. "The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word and we will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou. But, right now I'm gonna finish this bottle in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me. Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing."

Veronica and Elijah shared a confused and worrisome look before turning their attention back to Klaus.

"What do you mean?" Veronica asked, feeling the pace of her heartbeat pick up.

"Go ahead, have a good laugh."

"I'm not laughing, I had a weird dream of him the other night. Which is strange, since I've only met him once."

"Why didn't you say anything–"

"If you two are seeing him..." Elijah cut Klaus off, catching Genevieve's eye, "Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack?"

"Well, then. What better way to punctuate a day of peace than by killing someone?"

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica stood in between the two siblings, walking down the streets of the French Quarter. For the past few hours, she had been feeling sick. Not thinking too much of it, she blamed it on her pregnancy and tried her best to power through it. Although they did not talk as often, Veronica wanted to be there in support of Cami.

After hearing a rough cough, Elijah looked down at Veronica with concern.

"Are you alright? You look–"

"–A hundred months pregnant and pissed off at the world?"

"I was going to say you look lovely."

Veronica sent him a small smile before turning away and surveying the rest of the crowd. Her eyes fell upon Francesca, a human.

As they walked she tried, but failed, to block out another one of Klaus' rants. Feeling a wave of annoyance wash over her, Veronica looked over to her right.

"One bad dream and suddenly you want to be a responsible daddy."

Elijah covered up his laugh with a cough while Klaus slung his arm over her shoulders, bringing her in.