ONE|twisted

The Originals

S1:E1

☄. *. ⋆

Veronica's eyes fluttered open, slowly taking in her surroundings.

The last thing she remembered was walking down the street and seeing Jane-Anne.

Jane-Anne.

With the events coming back to her, Veronica tried sitting up, but was being held down by a strong force. When she saw no one above her, she assumed it was magic. When turning her head to the side, she spotted Jane-Anne standing over her with Sophie by her side. It appeared they were performing a spell, despite Marcel's rules not to.

Turning her head, she was met with Jane-Anne and Sophie - along with some other witches lingering in the back. Why were they doing this to her? She thought they were her friends.

Veronica could barely understand what they were chanting, but whatever it was, it appeared like they were beginning to wrap it up. Seconds later, the weight on her chest disappeared and she sat up instantly.

The quick actions caused her head to spin, the room around her going blurry momentarily. Sensing this, Sophie rushed forward and tried to steady her friend, but Veronica pushed her arms away.

"Don't touch me!"

"You heard the girl," A new voice said, "Don't touch her."

Everyone's heads snapped towards the group of vampires entering the crypt, the atmosphere turning tense.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"

The vampires circled the witches, flashing their fangs and staring them down.

As Marcel walked up to Jane-Anne, she appeared emotionless. It had to be done, she told herself. Her death would be for the greater good.

"A little birdie told me that you were performing magic," He hooked a finger under the witches' chin, tilting her head up, "And worse, on a dear friend of mine."

As she went to reply, Marcel tsked.

"If I'm not mistaken, she was also a friend to you, was she not? Hell, she's a friend of everyone in this room," Marcel shot Veronica a wink, "My girl's a social butterfly."

Veronica watched the scene unfold, feeling as though she was having an out of body experience. With a brutal headache and bile building up, Veronica was unsure if she was on the verge of throwing up or passing out.

Sophie cleared her throat, stepping forward, "Your little 'birdie' was wrong. We didn't do anything."

Marcel nodded, pursing his lips in amusement. Looking past the witch's shoulder, he made eye contact with Veronica. One look was all it took.

Of course, Marcel already knew with certainty they had performed magic, but seeing the state Veronica was in, it was all the additional confirmation he needed.

Sending Jane-Anne a wicked smile, Marcel nodded to one of his vampires to take ahold of her.

"I'll grant you the option of a public or private execution."

Clenching her jaw, Jane-Anne sent Marcel a glare, "Privately."

Sophie sniffled, finding comfort in one of the other witches as she watched her sister get dragged out of the crypt.

As the vampires cleared out, Marcel strode towards Veronica. Picking her up bridal style, he stared down the remaining witches.

"Never touch her again."