SEVEN|banshee rescue mission

The Originals

S1:E7

☄. *. ⋆

The first thing Veronica noticed when she woke up was how dry her throat was.

Remembering about the water bottle she always has next to her bed, she rolled over and reached for it.

Or, at least, she tried to.

When she was unable to move her body, Veronica's eyes flew open. Looking around the room, she felt her heartbeat pick up at the unfamiliar room as last night's events came back to her.

Noticing a body to her right, she looked over and felt a feeling of betrayal wash over her.

"You backstabing half-breed piece of shi-"

Tyler rolled his eyes, tuning out the insults she threw at him. He refused to let her words affect him. For what he was about to do, he couldn't think of Veronica as the girl he grew up with or the one that would bring him care packages every time he got sick. And he definitely could not think about everything he had felt when she died.

Another figure came into view, and she quieted as she watched as an unfamiliar man handed Tyler a syringe.

"They're going to kill you, Tyler. Once they find me, they'll kill you in a heartbeat."

"What makes you think I'm afraid to die?" Tyler finally said, glaring at the girl.

"Let's do this," The man spoke, looking between the two.

Tyler nodded, walking towards Veronica and holding the syringe firmly in his hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Klaus destroyed everything good in my life, so I'm destroying the thing he wants most."

Tyler stabbed the syringe in her stomach, saying a silent sorry in his head, and retracted blood.

Veronica screamed in pain, her pitch higher than it normally would be.

Tyler fell to the floor, along with the other man. Tyler quickly scrambled up and took out the syringe, hurrying over to his friend and stabbing it in his neck. After the blood was injected, Tyler snapped his neck.

Veronica had stopped screaming, but her lips remained parted as she stared at the scene in front of her. She felt hopeless and utterly powerless. She didn't even know what Tyler just did, but she knew it affected her baby in some way.

And suddenly, despite their past, she knew Klaus wouldn't be the one to kill him. She would do it herself.

Tyler lifted the man's body off of the ground and dragged him over to the other side of the room. Veronica glared at him, causing Tyler to sigh.

"Don't get all judgy. Dwayne knew what he was getting into, he volunteered."

"For you to kill him?"

"Dwayne is a werewolf who died with your blood in his system. The same blood you share with your hybrid baby."

"You're trying to turn him into a hybrid?"

He nodded, "I've been running with wolf packs all over the country. One of them was tight with a witch. She had nightmare visions about your baby and how Klaus could use its blood to make an army of hybrid slaves."

"I am sick of these witches and their premonitions about my baby. She's not even born yet!"

"That's where Dwayne comes in. You see, he was happy to be the test case. If you haven't noticed, these people don't have much to live for. They'd all welcome the chance to become the superior species. Trouble is, all hybrids are sired to Klaus. They follow his every move." Tyler said, picking up a knife from his bag and placing it onto the table. "No way I let that happen."