Epilogue 1

9 MONTHS LATER

"You're going to be an amazing artist someday, sweetheart."

"Thanks mommy," Hope smiled, her fingers and nose covered in paint.

It seemed as though Hope got her artistic abilities from her dad, seeing as Veronica wasn't exactly the best painter. But even at three-years old, Hope already showed a promising future as an excellent artist. What started out as drawing stick figures on the wall with markers turned into favoring paints and canvases. Veronica got a bit too excited, enrolling her in an art class that starts next week. Klaus didn't seem to agree, insisting that he can teach his own daughter how to paint better than anyone else.

Speaking of Klaus...

"He's getting hungry," Klaus said, leaning in the doorway of Hope's playroom; holding the other half of Veronica's heart.

A six week old Henrik Grayson Mikaelson was in his dad's arms, nibbling on his chew toy.

Named after Klaus' brother and Veronica's dad, he was somehow conceived on the night Veronica was "tricking" Klaus. He was an unexpected, but much loved, surprise.

"There are my boys," Veronica smiled, standing up from where she was crouched next to Hope.

Taking Henrik out of Klaus' arms, she kissed his chubby cheek before bringing him into the kitchen; mixing a formula for him.

While Veronica was pregnant, she wondered what Henrik would turn out to be. He would be a tribrid like his big sister, but his powers were unknown.

After some tests that were completely harmless, it was revealed he's inherited two things from his dad and one from his mom.

Born on December 30th, a week earlier than his due date, a vampire, werewolf, banshee tribrid made his way into the world.

This pregnancy, Veronica felt more relaxed; which definitely played a role in Henrik's behavior. He wasn't a fussy baby and rarely cried, which was a miracle when Veronica and Klaus went to sleep exhausted at night.

When Veronica was throwing up nonstop for three days straight, her doctor gave her a pregnancy test. At the time, she thought it was silly, but it turns out she was already a couple of weeks along.

During those weeks before, Veronica and Klaus had grown closer and she worried the news would freak him out. Instead, he was over the moon.

For the first two months, she had sold her apartment and she and Hope moved into the compound. Then one day, Klaus drove the three of them hours away, causing Veronica​​ to be confused. Only when he pulled up to a white house on a hill of flowers did the pregnancy hormones kick into full effect.

The house had five bedrooms, a beautiful large kitchen - one that Veronica baked up a storm in - and so much more that made the brunette's heart soar every time she entered the house.

Veronica sat in the rocking chair on the porch, feeding Henrik in her arms as she watched Klaus and Hope wander through the fields.

She assumed while she was getting his bottle, Klaus had convinced her to find some natural paints with him. It was something Hope loved doing with her dad.

Hearing a car pull up, Veronica craned her neck to the side and spotted her brother getting out.

Grinning, Veronica carefully stood up, not wanting to distract Henrik from eating, and made her way down the steps.

"How's he doing?" Jeremy asked, stroking the top of Henrik's head.

Before Veronica could respond, a loud "Uncle Jeremy!" was heard and excited Hope came running.

Meeting her in the middle, Jeremy picked his niece up and swung her around, placing many kisses on her cheeks.

Klaus wasn't too far behind, holding a bundle of wildflowers in his hand as he passed by Jeremy, giving him a nod of acknowledgment before taking the spot next to Veronica.

"Hope was supposed to give you these, but she's gotten distracted."

"How sweet," Veronica smiled up at Klaus, laughing as he tucked them behind her ear.

"Not really. We plan on crushing them up and using them as paints later."

Veronica hummed, leaning against her boyfriend as they both stared down at their son.

Hope and Henrik really were the light of their lives. Through all the darkness they've had to go through, they were the light at the end of their tunnels.

As dysfunctional as their lives may be, Veronica can't help but be grateful that she's got a family she can spend the rest of her long life with. Her happy ending.

Ahhhhhhh!!!

Kinda emotional while writing this chapter but the very last chapter is coming tomorrow!!!

I promise to save the sappy stuff for the very very very end, but I really am so grateful for all the support you've all given me throughout Youngblood and Bloodline <3