TWO|the killer flower

The Originals

S1:E2

☄. *. ⋆

Twenty four hours. Veronica had been forced to stay in the house for twenty four hours.

Despite the endless amount of books to read and places to explore, the girl found herself growing bored easily. However, one thing that kept her brain occupied was Elijah's disappearance. A couple hours after she got settled in, Veronica asked Klaus where he had gone. The hybrid simply said that Elijah had taken a holiday, but she knew he was lying.

Veronica knew he would come back soon, so she didn't worry too much. Out of everyone she knew, Elijah was one of the most trustworthy people she's met. If he swore he'd be there for her, he meant it.

Although, she did begin to worry once she heard a car park outside. Veronica was aware that Klaus was currently downstairs doing who knows what and she didn't know if anyone else would be stopping by.

If it were someone planning to harm her, the plan of "attack" was to use a fire iron which she quickly picked up from the floor beside the fireplace. As she made her way down the stairs, Veronica sighed in relief once she saw a blonde.

"Your hair," Rebekah blurted, her eyes drawn to Veronica's head.

"It's nice to see you too, Bekah," Veronica sighed, walking down the stairs and dropping the stick.

"I'm sorry... It's just..."

"Pink? Yeah, I had a little midlife crisis a couple weeks ago and dyed it with some college friends."

Rebekah snorted, then as if suddenly remembering why she was there, her expression sobered. She crossed her arms over her chest, sending the girl her best glare.

"I would hug you but quite frankly I'm a little angry with you. You slept with my brother; Klaus out of all of them!"

Veronica groaned, "It was just a one time thing, but look where that got me."

Rebekah shook her head and smiled, bringing in Veronica for a hug. Pulling away, Rebekah placed a hand on Veronica's stomach, to which she rolled her eyes.

"Would you look at that; my first ever niece."

"Niece? We don't even know the sex."

"It's a girl. I will not accept a mini Klaus running around."

"You and I both."

Winking, the blonde took her hand off of her stomach and looked around the house, "Anyways, where's Elijah? He hasn't been returning my calls."

"Beats me. Yesterday he was making me some epic promises and he just disappeared."

"You and I both know Elijah doesn't break his promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like," Rebekah replied, walking towards the living room. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!"

Klaus, who reappeared through a pair of doors, said, "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?"

"They were very rude. Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." Rebekah spoke, causing Veronica to let out a small laugh.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you."