𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋|𝗅𝗈𝖼𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗋

"No

"No."

"Come on, Roni. They need your help!"

"Alex, I barely know how to use my abilities. I would be the worst teacher ever." Veronica spoke, walking alongside the male banshee in the bayou.

The brunette arrived to ask the experienced banshees for help in finding Elijah. However, she only found Alex, Oliver, Juliette, and all the younger children.

"Not true."

"Name one thing I can control."

"Your scream."

"Everyone can do that." The woman complained, now standing in front of the shack.

"Fine. Ask Juliette for help and Oliver and I will handle the poor, young and defenseless children."

"Shut up!" Veronica laughed, pushing Alex forwards and smiling at the blonde once she strolled over.

"You needed my help?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to find Elijah. I need these voices to actually say something useful."

"It doesn't work that way." Juliette softly laughed.

"Then how does it work?"

"The ancestors don't tell you the answer right away. Their whispers give you clues, taunt you. You just have to piece it all together. Although, I'm not sure they're willing to help. Almost all supernatural creatures hate vampires. No offense."

"None taken." The brunette spoke, "Despite them not wanting to help, I need them to. Elijah is somewhere being tortured by his mother and he's in pain. He's done so much for me and I need to help him."

Juliette looked around cautiously before taking Veronica's hand and dragging her inside the shack, closing the door behind them. The blonde opened one of the draws, pulling out a dusted book. She frantically flipped the pages while Veronica peered over her shoulder.

"Here. It's something banshees shouldn't use but if it's in time of need, then it's accepted rarely. It's sort-of like a ritual, but not necessarily. Just follow everything and you'll find him."

"Thank you, Juliette. I owe you." The brunette smiled, giving the girl a quick hug before shoving the page into her jean pocket and rushing back to the compound.

≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛ ≛

Veronica sat on the couch in the study. On the table in front of her laid the old, wrinkled paper alongside a small bowl, an envelope opener, and a handkerchief the banshee found in Elijah's suit.

The banshee took in a deep breath before following the instructions on the page.

In order for the ancestors to give instructions, she had to preform a ritual-which she found inconvenient seeing as Bonnie wasn't in New Orleans.

Veronica picked up the small opener, dragging it across her palm, letting the crimson liquid drip into the bowl.

The brunette then soaked the white material, causing it to stain a dark red. She knew Elijah would most likely scold her for ruining a part of his daily attire, but his life was in jeopardy.

Holding the handkerchief in her hands, the brunette closed her eyes then followed the last step.

Veronica let out an ear piercing wail, surely getting the attention of any supernatural creature in the French Quarter. After a short few seconds, the brunette stopped, opening her eyes again and waiting to hear the voices telling her where Elijah was.

That's what the brunette continued doing. She waited. And waited. After one minute of pure silence, Veronica let out an aggravated groan, throwing the bowl against the wall and watching it shatter and fall, spilling the blood all over the floor. The brunette squeezed her eyes shut, letting out a sigh.

Just as Veronica turned on her heel to leave the room, the voices in her head started speaking to her. Although they were all whispering at once, she could just barely make out the word they were saying.

Lafayette.

Incase you didn't get it, what she was doing was sort of like a locator spell but except for banshees