What is the Host Club

" Please let go of me. "

   " What? "

   " I asked if you would let go of me. "

He let go and then went to a corner and sat in it. I saw a mushroom appear on his head, and then another appeared on the wall in front of him.

   " She wasn't affected by my charms. " He murmured.

   " Senpai, stop growing mushrooms everywhere! " Haruhi yelled at him.

   " Is this normal in Ouran? " I asked no one in particular.

   " Very normal! " Mitskuni said beside me.

   " I'm Honey by the way! "

   " I thought the nurse said your name is Mitskuni? "

   " It is but Honey is what everyone calls me! "

   " Okay. "

   " And this is Mori! " Honey said, gesturing to the tall guy standing beside him.

I nodded and walked towards Tamaki, who was still at the wall. I placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me with sad eyes, and I noticed he was playing with the growing mushrooms.

   " I'm sorry? "

   " Apology accepted! "

He jumped from his spot and started hugging me tightly. He was also spinning us around, and I started getting dizzy. I tapped his arm, and he looked down at me, stopping the spin.

   " Dizzy..."

   " Oh, sorry! Sorry! "

He let me go but still stayed close to me. I held my head, and when the spinning stopped, I saw everyone talking to each other, except for Tamaki and me. 

   " So, what is this place? " I asked him. 

   " This is the Host Club! We are a club of boys who entertain the female, or male if they're into that, students of the school! We cosplay, make food, and we have a lot of shenanigans prepared for the ladies. "

   " So what did Kyoya mean by having an appointment with someone? "

   " Well, you see-"

He stopped his sentence and looked around. He took my hand and guided us to a couch. He sat me down, and then he sat down beside me. He leaned his elbow on the side of the couch and leaned his head against his hand. 

   " Well, you see we have types here. Hikaru and Kaoru are the mischievous type with their twincest. They are popular but Haruhi's popularity has been rising lately. Haruhi is the normal type, while Honey is the boy lolita. "

   " Boy-lolita? "

   " I'll tell you later. Mori is the strong silent type and Kyoya is the cool type. "

   " What about you? What's your type? "

   " My type is someone like you~, " He said, leaning close to you.

   " Alright I walked into that, but I meant what type of host are you? "

   " I am the princely type. "

   " Oh, okay. That's why you said 'your prince' earlier. "

   " Wait what? "

   " Oh, yeah I could hear you guys whispering while Kyoya was telling me where to go. "

   " Are we really that loud? "

   " Yes. "

   " That hurt me, princess! You've wounded me! Only a kiss could revive me. "

He put his arm over his forehead, and he turned around on the couch with his back facing you. He fell back, and his head landed in your lap. His arm was still draped over his forehead, and his eyes were closed. You pulled his arm off of his head and pushed his shoulders up.

   " Then, it might be better for you to get it from someone else. "

   " But my princess must bless me with her kiss. "

   " You have many princesses. I'm not going to do it. "

You got up from the couch, and he just flopped back on the couch, landing on his back. You walked away from Tamaki and towards Haruhi. You tapped her on the shoulder, and she turned towards you.

   " Hey, Y/n. What's up? "

   " Question? "

   " Yes? "

   " If the Host Club is for boys then why are you here? "

   " What? "

   " You're a girl. "

   " We've been found out! "

   " Kaoru get the amnesia bat! "

Hikaru grabbed my shoulders, and Kaoru appeared in front of me with a bat. He pulled his arms back, ready to swing, but I squirmed in Hikaru's grip. 

   " Hey! Stop! I don't want to get hit! Let me go, Hikaru! "

   " There will be none of that! " Tamaki said, grabbing the bat that Kaoru held.

Hikaru still held my shoulders, and Kyoya walked up to the commotion. I took notice he was carrying a black notebook with him, and he shifted his glasses. He looked at me, and I could see the light reflect off of the glasses. The scary aura that I knew he had was slowly seeping out of him.

   " How do you know? "

   " I'm not stupid. I can easily tell Haruhi was a girl. I knew as soon as she bumped into me this morning. "

   " Because her chest hit you? " Hikaru asked, looking down at me.

   " No! It's just instinct. I can tell she was a girl because I just do. It's female intuition. Do the other girls at this school not know? "

   " No, they don't. This is why Haruhi is popular right now. Because she is the normal type. "

   " But Tamaki said the club was for boys. "

   " Well, I have a debt I need to pay and I can only do so by joining the club. They found out after I joined I was a girl so we're continuing the act. " Haruhi said to me.

   " How big is the debt? "

I saw their face become one of sadness, and it was filled with a tired emotion.

   " Never mind. "

   " So, what should we do now that she knows? " Honey asked. 

   " You know what we need to do! "Kaoru and Hikaru said at the same time.

Kaoru raised the bat again, but Tamaki took the bat from Kaoru and threw it to the other side of the room. Kyoya walked up to me and leaned down. His face was inches from mine.

   " Can you bake? "

   " A little. "

   " You'll be baking our cakes from now on. So welcome to the Host Club. "

   " Wait you can't do that! I have rights you know! "

   " Would you prefer that Kaoru hits you with the bat? "

   " Of course not-"

   " Then you are part of the Host Club now as our baker! " He said with a smile on his face.

Haruhi walked closer to me and moved Hikaru's hand from my shoulder. She placed her hand on my shoulder and looked at me.

   " Just, do it. Trust me Kyoya can be scary when he needs to be. "

I shivered and slowly nodded my head at everyone. Haruhi stayed by my side, but everyone, besides Mori and Kyoya, jumped to hug me as a welcome present to the Host Club.