Understanding Renge

" Your fiancee? "

   " Kyoya? "

   " Of course! My name is Renge Hoshakuji, and I'm transferring into Ouran Academy's First Year Class A tomorrow. "

All the hosts, and me, turned towards Tamaki, who was sulking in the corner. After he got up and was peppy, something clicked in his head, and he started sulking again.

   " Why is he sulking? " Hikaru asked.

   " Because mommy was keeping a secret from daddy. " Kaoru answered his brother.

   " Whatever. Why does everyone insist on referring to us like we're husband and wife? "

Renge popped up from the couch, with her eyes closed, and started to daydream. While she did, she spoke out loud. I walked over to Tamaki and leaned against the wall beside him. I patted his head while she talked. 

   " Ours is a story of love at first sight! I couldn't resist the way you were adoring those flowers in the backyard when you thought no one else was looking. And how sweet it was when you reached out to that poor little injured kitten. "

   " She serious? " She twins asked, not really believing her words.

   " Could you have the wrong person? " Haruhi asked nicely.

   " No way! I could recognize my love anywhere! "

The twins started driving themselves mad trying to figure out who she was talking about because we all knew it wasn't Kyoya. They ran around holding their heads, stressing themselves, thinking of who it could be. I just stayed by Tamaki's crouching figure and calmed his sulking by keeping my hand on his hair and playing with it. It seemed to calm him.

   " He's a gentle man who's kind to everyone but doesn't ask for anything in return. He likes solitude but in fact, sometimes he gets lonely. He looks like the star of the popular dating sim, Uki-doki Memorial! You're my real life Ichijo Miyabi! "

Everyone started putting the pieces together, and everyone's minds clicked when they understood what she was doing here.

   " I get it now. You're in love with that character. You're projecting that love onto me, and you've somehow deluded yourself into thinking that we're engaged. I assume this Miyabi character probably wears glasses as well. "

   " So she made it up. You're not really her fiancee, right? " Tamaki asked, getting up from his sulking position and walking to the couch where everyone was at.

He held your hand along the way and didn't seem to notice, so you let it be. 

   " Well, no, I don't remember ever asking for her hand in marriage. Besides, this is the first time I've ever met the woman. "

   " According to my research, I understand you're in charge of managing the club, is that true Kyoya? "

Renge sat beside Kyoya while the twins sat on the couch across from us. I stood beside Tamaki, who was still holding my hand, behind the couch joined with Haruhi, Honey, and Mori.

   " That's right! Kyo-chan is our director. " Honey replied to her question.

   ' That's scary how she did research on him like that. Now it's looking like a perfect match between Kyoya and Renge. '

   " You're the club's director? That's perfect! Oh wow, I've always wanted to wear a sandwich board to advertise a business. "

   " We don't advertise. We're just a host club. " The twins replied.

   " I've made up my mind. From now on I'm going to be the manager of this host club! "

   " Um, listen Kyoya-"

You could tell Tamaki wasn't alright with it. His smile was gone from his face, and he had a frown. His violet eyes weren't showing happiness, but instead, they were downcast, and his brows were together. 

   " Miss Hoshakuji is the only daughter of a very important Ootori family client. So please be polite and try not to offend her, alright? "

He just laid his head down on the couch railing, and when he raised his head, it was the same as before putting it on the edge of the couch. Uncomfortable.

   " Well, I can't wait to work with you. "

   ' I don't feel like this will end well. '

She left the room bouncing and skipping down the halls. Everyone relaxed against the couches and chairs, seeing her gone. I looked down and saw that my hand was still connected to Tamaki's. A small heat filled my cheeks, and I tugged on his hand.

   " You're still holding my hand, Tamaki. " 

   " And how soft and calming it is to hold your delicate hand. To feel it fit perfectly with mine-"

   " I'm not a guest Tamaki. "

You slipped your hand out of his and gathered your things before walking out of the host room. Tamaki's hand felt cold when you slipped your hand out of his. He missed the warmth but let you go.