Summer Vacation

' Ahhh, summer vacation. This will be relaxing. No tests, no-host club, and nothing to worry about. '

I felt a weight lift off my shoulders as I woke up for the third day of summer vacation. It was nice to finally relax, especially from the host club. 

   ' They have so many antics that it gets exhausting sometimes. I should get dressed and go check on Gen. They said she should be awake by now. '

I got up from my bed and changed into my clothes, and grabbed a bag. I put my phone and wallet in the bag and grabbed another bag that was bigger. I packed a few clothes in it and started making my way down the stairs to the front door.

   " Ms. Y/n, we have a question for you. "

I turned around and saw the staff behind me. They all had their hands folded in front of them, and they stood tall. The speaker was Mr. Harold, who had been working here for years. I stood in front of him and the rest of the staff, waiting for their question.

   " If you don't mind could some of us take the time off? It's summer break and all and we want to be able to spend some time with our kids and grandkids. "

   " Sure, just tell me what day who is going to be gone and it'll be fine. It's not like we have a family here to take care of. "

   " We know, but we still want to ask you. You have our respect. "

   " Thank you. And you all may leave today. I think I'll spend the day or a few days away from the house. "

   " Thank you, m'lady. When will you be back? "

   " Let's say three days. "

   " The staff will be back then. "

   " Alright. Tell your grandchildren and children I said hello to me. "

I waved off their smiling faces and left through the front doors. My limo was waiting for me, and I got in and told the driver where I would be going. While he drove to the Ootori hospital, I looked down at my phone and looked at Haruhi's contact.

   ' She said she was working at a bed and breakfast. Maybe I could stay there for a little bit so I can get out of the house. It would be nice to visit the countryside. Plus I can hangout with haruhi. '

I dialed her number and put the phone up to my ear. Two rings went by before she picked up.

   " Hello? "

   " Hey, Haruhi. "

   " Hey, you called me just on time. My break just started. "

   " I am a psychic. I was wondering if you could tell me where the bed and breakfast you work at is? I want to spend a few days out of the house and the place you're working at sounds nice. "

   " Oh, it's in Karuizawa. It's called Pension Misuzu."

   " Alright, I'll try and look for it then. If you don't mind me staying. "

   " Of course I don't mind. As long as the host club's not with you. "

   " Aww come on, they're rubbing off on you. "

   " If you call it that. When will you be here? I can save a room for you until you get here. "

   " An hour maybe two. "

   " Alright, I'll tell my boss. I'll see you when you get here. "

   " Okay. Bye. "

I put my phone away, and I looked out of the window to see the Ootori hospital insight. My driver parked, and I got out, leaving my big bag in the limo. I walked into the hospital and went straight for the elevator to get to Gen's room. As the elevator traveled upwards, I started thinking of what I would say to Gen. I was so lost in my thoughts that when the doors opened, I didn't realize it until someone stepped in and tapped my shoulder.

   " Oh, I'm sorry. "

I walked out of the elevator and spotted Gen's room number. I opened her door and walked inside, but Gen was still lying unmoving on the bed. Her eyes were still shut. The doctor stood over her, and he was looking through her chart. He looked up at me when I shut the door, and he showed me a small smile.

   " You must be Ms. Y/n. "

   " I am. I thought she was supposed to be awake. "

   " Well, it seems our calculations were wrong by a few hours. She will be awake soon, but it might be another day or two. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " I'm positive on this Ms. Y/n. "

   " Okay, I'll leave you to check up on her. "

You shut the door, feeling deflated. You wanted her to be awake, but she wasn't, leaving you to go to Karuizawa earlier than you expected. You walked back to the limo with your head down and told the driver where to go. I watched the scenery pass by in a flash as he drove out of the city. Everything looked peaceful and calming. I could spot a lot of people biking and running alongside the road. The sun was shining, and the clouds were thin. 

   ' It's going to be a beautiful day. '

I leaned my head against the door and fell asleep to the hum of the car. It was peaceful until I felt the car stop and a knock come from the window. I opened my eyes and realized I slept the whole way to Pension Misuzu. I got out of the car and thanked my driver. I took my bags and started walking into the nice-looking bed and breakfast. I walked through the doors, and Haruhi was the first person I spotted.

   " Hey, Haruhi. "

   " Hey! You're here early. "

   " Yeah, it seems Gen wasn't awake. They said their calculations were wrong and that it would be two or more days. "

   " I'm sorry to hear that. "

   " It's going to be fine. She'll wake up at some point. "

   " That's great optimism. Your room is ready so I'll take you to it. "

   " It's already ready? "

   " Yeah, I wanted to go on ahead and get it ready for you so I wouldn't worry about it later. "

   " Okay. "

I followed Haruhi up to the room and set my bags on the floor. The room was nice, and the balcony outside was beautiful. The sun coming in through the windows made the room look calming, and I liked the homey feeling it gave me. 

   " Thanks, Haruhi. "

   " Don't mention it. I'm just glad the rest of the host club isn't here. "

   " Don't jinx it. "

She smiled and left my room. I decided to finish my nap from earlier and lay on the bed, closing my eyes.