The Closeness

You were sitting in class, doodling in your notebook, when someone sat beside you. You looked up to see Haruhi sitting beside you.

   " Hey, Haruhi. What's up? "

   " Nothing much. I saw you sitting in here, and I thought I would come to talk to you. "

   " Thanks, Haruhi. But it seems that you have a couple of people wanting to talk to you. "

I pointed behind them, and Haruhi turned around to three people smiling at her. I laughed a little and turned back to my doodles. I traced my pencil over the paper, and I felt arms come around my shoulders once more and someone leaning down to my shoulders.

   " What are you doodling? "

   " Hi, to you too Tamaki. "

   " Hi, princess. What are you doodling? "

   " Nothing interesting. I'm just drawing random things. "

He continued to hug me to the back of the chair as I continued doodling. I didn't push or shove him off. I just wanted to doodle. As I was doodling, I could feel many stares on my form, and when I looked up, I could see most of the girls in my class glaring at me. I raised my eyebrow and realized that it was because Tamaki was hugging me.

   ' Oh yeah, I forgot. He's the princely type, most requested, and president of the host club. Welp, sorry Tamaki. I don't want to have people glaring at me any longer. '

You tried shrugging Tamaki off, but it didn't work. He still had his arms around your shoulders, and he even set his chin on your shoulder as he was behind you. You moved your shoulders again, but he still didn't budge.

   " Princess, you're moving around a lot. "

   " I wonder why. "

You moved your shoulders and leaned forward to get some separation, but he pulled you backward. Your back met the chair once more, and you looked at him. He had a smile on his lips, and his eyes held a sort of softness in them.

   " Princess, it's comfortable like this. "

   " Tamaki, please let go. Class is about to start and you can't be here. "

You set the pencil down and took his hands, and moved them off of your shoulders. You held his chin and pushed it, gently, away, and he stood up straight. Then, you stood up from your desk and turned his body around, and started pushing him out of the room. You gave him one last shove, and he stumbled out of the room. You walked back to your seat, beside Haruhi, and sat down. Haruhi only looked at you with curious eyes.

   " Y/n, I'm surprised that Tamaki doesn't affect you. All of the girls in school get easily flustered with him just being near them. No matter who they are. "

   " It takes a lot more than looks and flustering gestures to make me like someone in a boyfriend way Haruhi. Plus Tamaki is only trying to get a reaction out of me because none of the other hosts were able to. He's just treating me like his other guests. "

   " Wow, you broke him down quick. "

   " I'm just like that. "

   " We'll get along great. " Haruhi said with a smile.

You smiled back at her and turned towards the teacher as the class started. You took notes when the teacher talked and gestured to the board. You were so focused on your notes that the equations on the board clouded your thoughts. When you were done writing notes, and the bell rang, you shook your head and closed your book. You stood up and walked out of the class, and walked to the next class. Before you could, Haruhi had grabbed your attention before leaving.

   " Hey, can I have your number so we can talk more? "

   " Sure, Haruhi! "

You wrote down your number and handed it to her. You waved at her as you walked out of the class. There were still glares on your back, but you ignored them as you left. You took a seat in your next class and opened your notebook to get ready for class.

   " Excuse me. "

You looked up and saw a group of girls. They looked at you, and some were glaring while the rest had looks of concern.

   " Yes? "

   " You're the new girl, right? "

   " Yeah. Is there something you need? "

   " We just wanted to ask why you're so close to Tamaki and Haruhi. You guys seem close. "

   " Well, they're my friends. "

   " Really? "

   " Yeah, on the first day I accidentally walked into the host club room and asked for help. I didn't know where the classes were and they helped me out. After that Haruhi and I have a bunch of classes together and developed a friendship. The same thing goes for Tamaki I see him around all the time. "

They all looked relieved at what I said. The girls that had glares on their faces seemed to calm down a lot, and they stopped glaring at me.

   " Okay, good. We just wanted to make sure. " The main girl said.

   " Why? What's so bad about Tamaki, Haruhi, and I being close? "

   " Nothing! We just don't want you all getting too close. "

   ' Oh! Because they want Tamaki and Haruhi for themselves. And they feel threatened because I'm new and they instantly became my friends. Are you serious? Is this how the girls in this school act towards the Host Club? Geez. '

   " I wouldn't worry about it. " You told the girls wishing they would go away.

They smiled and waved at you. Then, they walked away, leaving you alone in the class with the other students. You sighed and looked back to your notebook, regretting joining the club. You would have to make cakes today, and you had lost your excitement to bake from the girls approaching you and glaring at your soul.