The Nickname

I ran through the doors of the hospital, and I reached the desk slamming my hands on it.

   " What room is Gen Sutoki in? "

   " Uh...room 211. "

   " Thanks! "

You ran from the receptionist's desk and started running down the hall to get to the elevator. You were alone in the elevator and pressed the second-floor button. Your heart was beating fast in anticipation as the elevator started moving upward. You wanted to see if Gen was okay and how bad her condition was. 

   ' I can't lose her. I can't. '

When the doors opened, you started running again, looking for the room number. Your eyes scanned all of the door numbers while you looked for 211. When the numbers reached your eyesight, you stopped running and stood in front of the door. There was no window to look through, but you silently wished for Gen to be okay. You opened the door and stepped inside.

   " Gen..."

Gen was laying on the bed with a breathing mask covering her mouth. She had an IV going into her wrist, and a small box encased her finger to read her heartbeats. Her eyes were closed, but she was breathing, and that's what mattered to you. You approached the bed and sat on the sheets.

   " Gen? "

She didn't respond or even sit up. She was unconscious and in a realm of dreams. Her heart monitor held steady beats, and she was alive.

   " Please don't leave me. "

Meanwhile, on the ground floor, Kyoya Ootori walked into the hospital with Tamaki Suho by his side. Kyoya walked to the receptionist's desk.

   " A woman just came in here wearing the Ouran Academy uniform. Which room did she head off to? "

   " 211. "

   " Thank you. "

Kyoya walked away and dragged his friend with him. He summoned the elevator by pressing the button on the wall, and they were enveloped in silence as they stepped into the elevator.

   " Why are we here Kyoya? "

   " It seems that Y/n is here. "

   " She's here? Is she hurt? Is she okay? "

   " She's physically fine Tamaki. Emotionally she is destroyed. Her maid Gen Sutoki was in an accident and is currently residing in this hospital. "

   " Oh, so she's here, but she's not hurt? "

   " Correct. "

The elevator doors opened, and the two students stepped off of the moving box. They calmly walked down the hall and stopped in front of room 211. Kyoya patted Tamaki's back.

   " She's in there. I have some matters I need to attend to while I'm here so go in there and comfort her. "

   " Why me? She wants to be alone. "

   " Because she needs someone, and you're the closest one to her. "

Kyoya pushed Tamaki towards the door before walking away, leaving the princely figure to stare at the door. Tamaki was debating whether to go in or walk away from the door. He wanted to comfort you, but he also didn't want to make you even more upset than you already are. 

   ' You can do this Tamaki. '

He took a deep breath and opened the door to the hospital room. Your head turned towards the door, and you could see Tamaki's tall figure standing in the doorway. 

   " Princess? "

   " Tamaki, what are you doing here? "

   " Kyoya told me you were here; he said that your maid was in an accident. I wanted to come to make sure everything was okay. "

   " How did Kyoya know I was here? "

   " You don't know what hospital this is? "

   " I wasn't really concerned with what hospital it was, I just wanted to get here. "

   " It's the Ootori hospital. Kyoya's family owns the hospital. "

   " Oh..."

It was silent in the hospital room, and neither one of you said a word. Tamaki walked further into the room and sat beside you on the bed.

   " What's her name? "

   " Gen. She has been with me for a long time and was my main caretaker. "

   " Because your mother left you and your father's in jail. "

   " ... "

   " Y/n please understand I'm not upset with you, at all. I know you have reasons for keeping it a secret, I understand that. "

   " Tamaki..."

   " I'm glad I know the situation now. And Y/n I want you to know that you are not unwanted or unloved. The host club loves having you there and you are wanted. Even though you don't have a good family life at home you have one with the host club. "

   " I know, but it still hurts. "

   " I know it does. To tell you the truth I don't have a great family life either. I only have my father to talk to because y mother is somewhere in France. I haven't seen her in years and my grandmother doesn't really see a use for me because of my blood relation to the family. I'm basically the illegitimate son of my father. "

   " How do you smile every day, knowing that there's pressure on you and that you only have your father? "

   " I smile because I have so many great things in my life.  And the host club has become my new family. I make sure everyone is happy even if it means making a fool of myself. I care for everyone there and want to make others happy. "

   " So, that's why you made the host club. You wanted to make people happy. "

   " And I saw the best way to do it was to use my personality and looks. I brought Kyoya into it and he was kind of like you. He doesn't have a good family life either. The twins were pulled in later after I tried guessing who was who and finally got them to join after giving them an emotional talk. Honey joined with Mori following after him because he didn't have a childhood and I was able to provide that for him with snacks and Usa~Chan. Then Haruhi joined on the account of her debt. As you can see, every host has their own story. "

   " I see..."

   " Princess understand no one is mad at you, but we want to make sure you're okay. We help each other and we want to help you. "

   " I get it, Tamaki. "

   " Thank you, princess, now about your nickname. "

   " What about it? "

   " I want you to know I call you princess because the name fits you. I am your prince as you are my princess. You're not a guest to me and you never were. "

   " What does that mean? "

   " I'll tell you when you're older. "

   " What? That doesn't make sense. "

   " But it does! I'll tell you when you're older, princess. "

   " Technically I am older because a few seconds just passed. "

   " That's not how it works princess! "

You showed him a small smile, and he was glad that you could smile a real grin. He was glad that it was no longer fake. 

   ' She's so cute. '

Tamaki realized that the two of you were still in a hospital room, with someone asleep on the bed. He stood up and kneeled beside the bed and paid his respects to Gen. Then he stood up and held his hand out for you. 

   " Let's go. The other members are worried about you. "