A New Friend Called Arai

" Tamaki. "

   " Mm..."

   " Tamaki, wake up. "

   " Five more minutes. "

   " Tamaki, everyone is here. You need to get up. "

Tamaki sank further into the bed and ignored my pleas for him to get up. All of the other hosts were downstairs getting breakfast, and I was trying to get Tamaki up so we could meet them downstairs and get breakfast. I grabbed his shoulder again and continued to shake him awake. He cracked one eye open, and he was looking up at me.

   " Good morning, Tamaki. "

   " Morning Princess. Why don't we sleep in a little longer? We can cuddle and stay warm underneath the blankets. "

   " As much as that sounds nice, the hosts are waiting downstairs for us. They've already ordered breakfast. "

   " Really? " Tamaki asked, sitting up immediately.

   " Yeah, they're downstairs and Haruhi took their order already after I scolded them. They should have known that they don't have anything extravagant here. Get a shower and change clothes. I'll meet you downstairs. "

I let go of his shoulder and left the room, so he could have it to himself. I walked down the stairs and took a seat in the middle of the twins at the table. Haruhi brought them food and took my order. 

   " So, how was the bed? I know you guys said you sleep together but it's a small bed. " I asked.

   " I don't know how were you able to fit in the same bed as Tamaki? " Kaoru asked.

   " What? "

   " Oh, don't be shy Y/n. We saw you and Tamaki enter the same room last night. " Hikaru started.

   " Yeah, what's there to be shy about? You're just sneaking around with the boss. " Kaoru finished.

   " Umm, guys-"

   " And why would that be any of your business? So, what if I stayed in her room last night? " Tamaki asked, coming down the stairs.

   " How scandalous of you boss. Don't tell us that there's a bun in the oven already. " The twins teased, pointing to my stomach.

   " You two shady twins better stop harassing my girlfriend! "

   " Girlfriend!? " Hikaru yelled.

   " It's finally official!? " Kaoru yelled after Hikaru.

I was crushed in a hug between the twins. They rubbed their faces against the side of mine, and it felt uncomfortable. 

   " Hey! "

   " Awww you two are going to be so cute! "

   " I said stop harassing her! "

The twins let go of me as Tamaki pulled me out of my chair and rested his chin on the top of my head while also wrapping his arms around me.

   " A boyfriend should protect his girlfriend at all costs. Even from his friends. "

   " Tamaki this is not a book of movie scene. You can calm down on the dramatics. "

Tamaki flinched and froze on the spot. I sat back down and started eating the food that Haruhi brought me. Haruhi sat down across from me, and we all started talking until I noticed Haruhi's attention at the front door to the pension. 

   " Haruhi! Would you put these in the refrigerator for me? "

   " Okay. "

Haruhi stood from our table and walked to the front door towards a high schooler holding a box of fruits.

   " Haruhi Fujioka? "

   " Hey Arai. "

The twins immediately got up from the table and ran over to the scene when they saw Haruhi speechless. I saw Tamaki with them knowing he was interested in seeing what would happen. I stood up and walked over to them to make sure the trio didn't cause trouble.

   " So, uh...these your friends? "

   " Oh, yeah. This is Hikaru and Kaoru they're in my class. This is Y/n my best friend. And this is...an acquaintance of mine. "

Tamaki was once again shocked, and I can see the hurt in his eyes. He leaned against me for support, and I rubbed his back in a comforting manner. I used my free hand and waved at Arai. 

   " Why don't you guys take a seat, and you can continue talking there? " I suggested. 

They both nodded, and we all walked to a table together. Arai sat in front of Haruhi.

   " I haven't seen you since graduation. "

   " Yeah, you've cut all your hair off. That's such a shame."

   " I don't think so. I mean since I've cut it, it has been easier to manage. "

   " So, how's Ouran treating you? Do you keep in touch with anyone from middle school anymore? "

   " Yeah, a little. Kasumi still calls me. What about you? "

I left them alone at the table and walked to the other hosts that were watching. Honey was eating cake without a care in the world, but everyone else had their eyes on Haruhi and Arai. 

   " What's with him? He's trying to use the refreshing innocence approach. Someone should tell him we already had a refreshment contest. " Hikaru said, glaring at the two.

   " You're being unusually critical. " Kyoya pointed out.

   " I'm just saying. It's obvious this guy has a thing for Haruhi. It's sickening to watch him try and flirt ugh. " Hikaru said louder, no doubt wanting them to hear.

I noticed Arai's demeanor change. I felt bad for the guy and was about to tell Hikaru off, but Tamaki put a hand over my mouth and pointed to Haruhi, who was standing up glaring at Hikaru.

   ' Point taken. Haurhi's got this. '

   " Hikaru what's wrong with you? Quit acting like such  jerk. "

   " Hey, it's no big deal. He's right I did have a thing for you once but who cares you already turned me down right? "

I saw Haruhi turn as still as a board before apologizing. The air around the room started to feel awkward, but Arai waved it off with a smile and laugh. To me, he was alright. He wasn't a bad guy at all and seemed pretty nice. But it was also tense because of a certain twin that seemed annoyed.

   ' I don't want today to be a bad day please. '