An Unsaid Promise

You looked around the window to the corner and saw Kyoya standing there. He walked out of the shadows and sat on the same window you were sitting at. 

   " How long has Noya Sora been bullying you? "

   " About a month. "

   " You never thought to mention this to the hosts? Or even Tamaki? "

   " It's my problem to deal with. No one else's. "

   " Right. "

   " Don't tell Tamaki or the others. Please Kyoya. "

   " Why shouldn't I? This is a very serious issue that needs to be dealt with. You know Tamaki wouldn't like you keeping this from him either. "

   " I know but again this is my problem, not the host club. Just let me handle it. "

   " Fine, I'll give you two months. Now, let's get to the true topic of why I wanted to talk to you. "

   " Do we really have to talk about it? "

   " As your friend, we need to clear this up. I want to see if the information I have is accurate or not, I truly don't want to believe it's true. "

   " You don't want to believe that my father is in jail and that my mother has her own empire in the states? "

Kyoya was quiet, and his notebook was set down in his lap. His focus was completely on you. You looked to make sure no one was around before getting up and taking Kyoya's wrist. You walked out of the academy and towards the cherry blossom garden. You knew no one was following you, and you felt more comfortable talking there with no one around. 

   " Let's talk here. I'm not particularly proud of what I'm about to tell you and you can't write any of this down either. "

He nodded and set his notebook on the table, pushing it away with his pencil. You sat down, and he sat on the same seat as you. You looked towards the ground and started telling Kyoya your story.

Sensitive Content warning

   " My mother and father met in school. They graduated together and used the money their parents had to start up the L/n family name. They got married as soon as they got out of high school and started building an empire. My dad worked in dentistry while my mother worked in the food industry. They were getting very popular and then they had me. I was the family pride and joy. Every year our house would be full of people celebrating holidays together and enjoying everyone's presence. Sounds normal right? "

Kyoya nodded, and you knew his attention was on you. He was paying attention. He had not even touched his notebook yet.

   " Then, I started growing up and everything happened when I was a toddler. It's still as clear as day in my memory. I woke up one night because I heard yelling. I walked down the halls and found that the yelling was in my parent's room. They were still dressed in their clothes and my mom was yelling at my father. Her screams still echo in my head when I think about it. "

   " What was she yelling about? "

   " She was yelling about a miscarriage. She was pregnant and had lost the baby. This happened a month before this night but she kept it quiet from everyone but my father. She yelled at him because he wasn't home enough. He worked long nights and she wanted home to spend more time with me and her and to comfort her more because she had a miscarriage. He argued back that being the top-ranking person in the industry was hard and that it takes a lot of work to stay there. "

You didn't notice it, but a tear had slid down your cheek.

   " After that, my father had become an alcoholic. He drank a lot and my mother despised it. She would even hide the bottles from him. Then when I was older my father had an affair with one of his patients and people found out. He started slipping through the ranks until he got so frustrated he started attacking people and tried to make them look bad by faking documents. The police found out and he was sent to prison for a long time. My mother divorced him and after the divorce, she was stuck with me. "

   " Stuck? "

   " After the divorce and the arrest my mother worked more and harder. She was at the top of the food chain here in Japan. She never paid me any attention or even looked at me. I did my best in school in order for her to look at me and acknowledge my presence. I wanted her to recognize me as her daughter but she never did. Then she decided she would move her empire to the states because she wanted to be the best in the food industry. That's where she is now. She's in America and she is at the top of the chain. She never comes home and never sends me any messages or letters. She sees me as someone to hold the family name. As someone who is a disappointment because of my father. She doesn't show any signs that she loves me or that she cares. I eat alone every day in my house and it makes me feel alone. Because my own father didn't love me and neither did my mother. "

   " Y/n. "

   " She didn't even take me with her. She just left me here. She lets me access her money because she doesn't want word to get out about how she treats her daughter. She chose to work instead of taking care of and loving her daughter. To view me as a mistake. Now the house is just empty as can be. I'm the only one there with my maids and of course, they all know what happened and decided to take care of me because they had done that all their lives. The staff is the only family I have. I'm just a mistake and that's all I'll ever be in this world apparently. "

The Sensitive content is over.

You felt the tears fall from your eyes and down your cheeks. Your shoulders felt lighter now that you talked about it. You wiped your tears away and looked towards Kyoya. Before you could say anything, Kyoya had done something that was very unlike him. He hugged you. His hug was warm and embracing. You hugged him back and put your eyes on his shoulder. He rubbed your back slowly, comforting you. You didn't know why Kyoya was acting this way, but you were going to take advantage of it. 

   " I'm neglected by my family as well. I understand you. "

Those two sentences made you cry more, and he let you cry onto his shoulder. There was a promise that was being produced between the two of you in silence. Kyoya knew as well as you did that if word got out about your family situation, some students of the school would think of you as a joke and belittle you. More people, like Noya, would rise and start bullying and picking on you. A secret promise was being formed in your silence in the cherry blossom tree garden. A promise not to tell anyone what your family was like.

And Kyoya wouldn't tell a soul unless you allowed him.