The Newspaper Club

" Are these all the desserts you'll need? I really don't want to walk all the way back to the host club room and back here. "

   " You have a suitable amount, thank you Y/n. " Kyoya responded.

I looked around the courtyard at all of the hosts in their costumes and felt at peace. After Tamaki brought me back to the school, I told the host club about my family life, and they all hugged me, telling me that I have them.

   ' I guess it kind of is like a family. '

   " Y/n! Duck! " I heard Tamaki yell.

I looked to my side and saw a ball heading in my direction. Before I could duck or move out of the way, Tamaki jumped and pushed me away from the direction it was headed. When he jumped, he tackled me to the ground, and we rolled on the ground until we stopped, and he was on top of me. He sat up quickly, and I could see his angry face.

   " Hikaru! You came this close to snuffing out the light of Y/n's life! "

   " Hey, it's your fault for not catching the ball in the first place boss. " Kaoru said, shrugging.

   " Yeah, who knew you'd be so bad at keamari? So much for him being the Genji of Ouran Academy. " Hikaru continued.

   " What!? You want to say that again to my face you perverted punk! "

   " Or what? We're not afraid to say it to your face. " The twins said together. 

   " Guys, I'm fine please stop arguing. " I said, sitting up.

They continued to argue about the ball until I saw Tamaki smirk.

   " You think so? Well, check this out! Starlight, kick! "

Tamaki raised his leg and kicked the ball with a lot of force, and it flung from the ground and away from everyone. I couldn't see it as it disappeared into the sky. 

   " Take care of yourself. Bye." The twins said to the ball. 

I rolled my eyes and stood up from the ground, dusting myself off. 

   " Thanks for protecting me anyway Tamaki. I appreciate it. "

   " Anything for you princess! I am your prince after all and I must protect you at all costs. "

Right then, I heard a sound fill the air. It was shattering glass, and it looked to be one of the windows to the school building. 

   " That's not good. "

   " No, it's not. Let's go and see who's room the ball went into, can you get the other members while I make my way up there? "

   " I can. "

   " Thank you, princess. "

Tamaki walked away from me, and I walked towards the hosts and pointed out the broken window to them. I told them to meet Tamaki there, and when I finally got to Kyoya, I told him, and we walked together.

   " How are things going now that the air has been cleared? "

   " It's not as bad as what I thought. "

   " See? I told you it would be fine. "

   " I know you were right. "

   " Now, that was just obvious. "

We walked through the door and found ourselves in the newspaper club. Newspapers were everywhere and piled up in the corners. Haruhi was cleaning the glass up with Honey holding the dustpan as she swept it into the pan. 

   " Please accept our apology. "

   " Well, this works out perfectly. I was just thinking about approaching the host club about a cover story. I don't suppose you'd be interested? Now that the paper is at risk, we've finally looked back and seen our errors. We finally realized what we should have been reporting to the students of Ouran. "

The president of the newspaper club stood up and bowed along with the two other members with him.

   " Please help us. Help us with the last paper of this semester. We'd like to do an up-close special edition revealing the charms of Ouran's host club members. I'm begging you, without your help, our club will close. "

   " You can count on us. On behalf of the host club, I accep-Ahh!"

   " We have to decline. " Kyoya said, interrupting Tamaki by pushing his face away. 

   " But Kyoya he got hurt because of me what's the bid deal huh-"

   " We have a policy prohibiting us from sharing any personal information with anyone other than our guests. But we'll be more than happy to pay medical expenses related to your injury. "

   " And another thing, what makes you think we want to help you spread more rumors and gossip? We've got a reputation to uphold and you'll just ruin it. " Kaoru said, crossing his arms.

   " Besides you guys cause a lot of trouble for other people and who would want to get mixed up with that? " Hikaru said, shrugging his shoulders. 

   " I understand. Well, I guess you really can't erase the sins of the past, can you? People won't even give you the opportunity to try and redeem yourself. "

The President let his head fall to the table, and the atmosphere was gloomy all of a sudden. I didn't know the newspaper club personally, so I couldn't say if the host club should accept or not. 

   " I guess all we can do at this point is disband with grace. "

   " No! You don't have to! " Tamaki shouted, looking at them. 

I looked at Tamaki, and I could see the determination behind his purple eyes. He raised his fist and clenched it, putting himself in a powerful pose.

   " You can always make a fresh start. We'll help you, we will rally the power of our host club and we can reestablish the newspaper club together! "

   " Well count us out. " The twins said.

I turned around and watched them grab Haruhi and start walking towards the door to leave.

   " You're way too trusting boss. "

   " We can't just go along with everything you do forever. "

   " Yeah, we've had enough. "

   " We're leaving too, Tamaki. We're holding an evaluation meeting mostly about you. " Kyoya said with Mori and Honey joining his side as he walked away.

   " Hold it. " Tamaki said with his tone coming out as demanding.

   ' I've never heard Tamaki use that tone before. '

   " How can you be so heartless. These men are about to lose their club. Don't you feel sorry for them? Their family's breaking up. As your president I demand you help them and that is a direct order. "

Everyone was quiet, and then the twins, with Kyoya, turned around and glared at Tamaki.

   " We're not going to do it. "

Everyone continued walking out of the room, and I grabbed Tamaki's sleeve. He looked down at me with sadness in his eyes.

   " You're not leaving me too are you, princess! You wouldn't right!? "

   " Tamaki, why don't we follow them. You can talk to them more about it later when they've cooled off. They don't seem to happy so talk to them later about the idea. For now, we need to get changed and get back to the host room. "

   " Okay. " He replied with a small voice.

I held his sleeve in my hand and started walking towards the door to leave. I opened it and pulled Tamaki out, and continued walking to the music room. He was walking behind him, and I held on to his sleeve. But I felt the clothing being removed from my hand, and Tamaki's warm hand slipped into my hand. 

   " This will be more comfortable for you than holding my sleeve. "