Time for the Ball

" Gen, can you fix my hair? I can't seem to get it right. "

   " I can m'lady. "

   " Thank you. "

You walked away from the mirror and towards your bed. You took a seat and let your maid, Gen, work on your hair. Tonight was the ball, and you were getting ready. You had slipped your dress on ( Any dress you want ) with a pair of shoes, but you couldn't fix your hair right. Once Gen finished your hair, she put a little makeup on your face and stood a little ways away from you.

   " Perfect. Will you be leaving now? "

   " Yes. "

   " Alright. The car should be ready for you out front. "

   " Thanks, Gen. I'll see you tonight for dinner. "

You left your room and walked downstairs to the front door. When you walked outside, you saw the limo sitting in front of the house. You jumped in, and Robert started driving to Ouran High School. When you arrived, you saw a lot of pretty girls showing up in their dresses. You followed the direction they were headed and started seeing a lot of guys in the crowd. When everyone was gathered together outside the school on the dance floor, lights turned on, showing the stairs. I could see the hosts standing on the steps together. All the girls around me started squealing, and I could see hearts in their eyes. You rolled your eyes and waited for the hosts to finish their speech. After Tamaki's final line, the music started, and everyone was moving around. 

   ' I think I'll just raid the food table. '

I started looking for the food table, and when I had it in my sights, I made a B line for the table. I grabbed a plate and started gathering a bunch of food. I found a table and took a seat. I started eating all the food I had picked up while watching the girls and guys dance around me. 

   " Hey, there. "

You looked to your left and saw Onishi standing there. He was wearing a white long-sleeved collared shirt tucked into black slacks with suspenders and fancy black shoes. He had a smile on his face, and his shiny light blue eyes held happiness inside them. His brown locks weren't slick back, but he had his regular everyday hairstyle.

   " Hey, Onishi. What's up? "

   " Not too much. I didn't expect you to be here. "

   " Well, someone kind of begged me to be here. "

   " No, I meant here, as in at this table eating food. That's my job. I thought you would be working tonight alongside the hosts. "

   " Kyoya said I didn't have to. I'm only the baker I'm not a host so I don't really have to dance with guys. I just make desserts every day. "

   " Oh, I get it. Have you danced with anyone yet? "

   " Nope, I've been too busy making out with my food. "

   " Excuse me, it's my job. "

   " Nope, not anymore. The boss fired you and hired me. This is my job now. "

   " But-"

   " Nope! "

   " You're evil. "

   " And you're a loser. " I said with a joking tone.

Onishi's smile never faded. He got on one knee and held his hand out towards you. His smile was still plastered on his face and his other arm held on his stomach.

   " Would you mind taking a break from your job and dancing with this humble loser? "

   " You're humble? "

   " Shut up. " He said, chuckling a bit.

   " Sure but I can't forget my job. "

You placed your hand in his, and he held yours gently. He pulled you onto the dance floor and turned towards you. He continued to hold your hand, but he put his free arm around your waist. You let your free hand rest against his arm as you started to waltz. He told jokes and made you smile while you danced. You looked around to make sure you didn't bump into anyone, and you could see the twins dancing near each other. Haruhi was at the food table; Honey was eating cake with some of the girls with Mori beside him. Kyoya was dancing on the dance floor to the waltz, and so was Tamaki. Your eyes met Tamaki's, and you smiled at him and waved. He didn't wave or smile back but looked back at his dance partner.

   " What time did the man go to the dentist? "

   " One in the morning. "

   " Tooth hurt-y. "

   " That makes so much sense but it's so dumb! "

   " Why did the math book look so sad? Because of all the problems it had! "

   " That was just...no. "

   " Why can't a nose be twelve inches long? "

   " Because it would be a foot! "

   " You knew that one? "

   " You told me the same dad joke yesterday. You gotta come up with some new material my man. "

   " Excuse me I'm not your man. "

   " Then my woman. "

   " Are you assuming my gender? "

   " My friend. "

   " Who says we're friends. "

   " My...cat? "

   " Meow? "

   " Okay then. "

   " Why a cat? "

   " Because you responded to it, so it's your fault. "

Onishi twirled you around and twirled you back towards him. His smile never faded, only brightened. His smile was infectious, and it gave you your own smile.

( With Tamaki )

The girl with Tamaki was smiling, and hearts were floating around her, but Tamaki wasn't feeling the same. Instead, he felt like his stomach was empty. He didn't know why he felt this way. All he knew was when it started.

   ' I started feeling this way when I saw Y/n dancing with that one guy. Who is he? I haven't seen him around before, or have I just not noticed him around? I wonder how they met? Did he think she was working tonight and she felt obligated to dance with him? '

   " Tamaki are you okay? "

   " Huh? "

   " I asked you a question and you didn't reply. You seemed lost in your own little world. "

   ' Right I have a job to do. '

   " I was stuck in my own little world. I was daydreaming about you and how you would look with flower petals falling around you. A beautiful sight. "

She blushed and looked down at Tamaki's chest. She was clearly embarrassed, but she was soaking it up. 

   ' I'll think more on it later. '