Chapter Sixty-Five

Happy New Years my lovelies!
Here we go, guys, second to last chapter!!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Let me know via a comment and/or vote! Enjoy!!!

Bon's POV

I had my feet propped up on (Y/N)'s bed as I waited for her to come back from her PT session for her afternoon nap. She was going to be released on Monday of next week; it was Friday now. She had spent a total of six months in the hospital. She spent a little over three stuck in a coma and just under three working on her recovery.

All of the nurses and doctors were all thrilled with her improvement. Her speech therapy sessions were backed off to once a week because of the lingering stutter, but the doctor said it would probably be with her for life; it was common among TBI patients. (Y/N) hadn't been happy about that prognosis, but she was slowly coming to terms with it. She was also getting used to the scars on her arms. She was obviously insecure about the imperfections marking her arms and couldn't help but be freaked out every time she looked at them, but she was slowly getting better. (Y/N) was wearing short sleeves more and more often, but I could still see her reluctance to look at her arms. It was small, but it was still progress

Now that she wasn't attending speech therapy sessions every day and was getting stronger, she was now talking to a therapist twice a week. She wasn't particularly talkative after her sessions with the therapist, but she seemed to be getting better. She wasn't nearly as open with me about her mental demons as I wished she was, but I understood. This was going to be a long road, and I couldn't push her; she would have to do this on her own terms. And I would be beside her every step of the way, for anything and everything she needed.

I looked up from the book that was in my hands when I heard voices coming toward the room. I recognized one to be (Y/N)'s and the other was the physical therapist. I kicked my feet off the bed and sat up in my chair, waiting for the two ladies to enter the room. To my utmost surprise, (Y/N) came walking in by herself. Granted, she was using two crutches that had plastic pieces that surrounded her arms rather than the uncomfortable ones that stuck under your armpits, but she was walking.

"(Y/N)," I breathed as I stood from my seat, looking at my warrior of a girlfriend. She had told me she was improving in her PT sessions, but never gave much information. Clearly, she was doing better than anyone thought. Well, better than I thought. When I was around, she always traveled by wheelchair. She must have wanted to surprise me.

"Surprise!" she said cheekily as she slowly made her way into the room before taking a seat on the edge of her bed. "Thank you," she said to the physical therapist as the woman took her crutches and leaned them up against the wall beside her bed, well within reach if she wanted to get up. 

"Make sure you take a rest, Miss (L/N)," the doctor said before slipping out of the room, leaving the two of us alone.

"When did this happen?" I asked as I made my way over to the girl. She reached a hand out to me, pulling me to sit next to her on the bed. I pressed a quick kiss to the side of her head as I sat before taking her hands between my own.

"First day was Wednesday when you were taking your last final," she explained, swinging her legs back and forth. "Dad, Mio, and Tobias were there," she added before lifting one of my hands to her face and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

"That's amazing, (Y/N)," I said, taking her face in my hands and kissing her passionately. I felt her giggling against my lips, and I pulled back. There was a wide smile on her face, and I felt one stretching across my face as well. "God, you're amazing," I said, kissing her once more.

When she pulled away, she wiggled further back into the bed, pulling me with her. I snuggled up next to her, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her back flush to my chest. She then started on about her day and her PT session. I could only smile as I listened to her talk, just happy that she was feeling better, and she was back on her feet.