Chapter Fifty

AHHHHHHH SO THIS ONLY TOOK FOREVER
Thanks you for being patient, I appreciate it. Anyway, this is the 50th official chapter, let's gooooooo!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lightning's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~
There's something about that girl. Something odd. She reminds me too much of that lunatic Mephisto. And she was totally holding back when she was training with Shura. I could see it. She's a skilled fighter, I've read her files, but nothing about the swords is there.

I sighed and crumpled up the wrapper to my third burger before grabbing the fourth and unwrapping it without really thinking. I tapped my finger against the table in the empty conference room, thinking hard about that girl, (F/N). The was confusing a suspicious. But I wasn't allowed to touch her. I had earned the honorable nickname of 'the Torturer,' and I could even interrogate the girl. Angel had made that one of the rules for me as to not key her in that we were suspicious, but I could tel she already knew. She was a smart one, very smart. She knew that meeting had meant to be an interrogation. How she figured it out so fast as beyond me.

I'll have to look deeper into her files, what kind of schooling she had, if she ever had an IQ test administered....And Mephisto. He is part of this. That I am certain of. And her teacher, Shura Kirigakure. She has know something. She was going easy on the girl during that training session I attended. She is her teacher after all. And she wields demon slaying swords as well. She has to know something.

I sighed and crumpled up the fourth wrapper and reaching for a few fries. I flipped open the file I had put together on (L/N) and the Sister Swords. I had studied all of the information given, and I had found absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. There was nothing in any of the files that could give me solid evidence. I would have to get both Mephisto and Shura out of the way. I needed solid evidence. Even if no one else was there, it was the right hand man of the paladin's words against a lowly exwire. Even so, there came the struggle of removing Mephisto and Shura from the situation without making them or Angel suspicious. Angel would never allow me to hurt the girl, but I was getting ready to take this into my own hands. If Angel wanted answers, this was what needed to happen.

I hate not having the upper hand in this situation.

The door to the conference room then swung open to reveal the paladin himself. His usual poised nature was gone, and he looked slightly ruffled. He brushed his long, blonde bangs back and closed the door as he entered the room.

"Who's late now, Arthur?" I mused aloud to my superior, crumpling up yet another burger wrapper before tossing them all into the waste bin in the corner of the the room.

"There was an emergency, Lewin," he snapped as he glared at me. I could only smirk. "Anyway, why did you want to meet with me? You know I'm very busy." I sighed and stood up, starting to dig through the papers I had gathered. They weren't necessarily important, we had gone through every single one of them together and neither of us had come up with anything new.

"I'm not happy with the way this investigation is going," I stated simply, trying to keep my anger in check. "And something tells me Mephisto's in on this. That Shura too," I said, looking up the paladin. He sighed and sat on the edge of the table, this arms crossed over his chest.

"I know. I've been thinking the same thing for a while," he said through a breath before brushing his long hair back again. "Have you found out anything else while trailing the girl?" he asked.