Chapter Forty-Nine

Haha, omg you guys are so lucky you got this chapter this week. I wrote this in two days when it normally take me a week because school started for me, and I have my two hardest classes this semester. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Drop a comment to let me know what ya think❤️

"So why are we out here?" I asked, stabbing my pasta with my fork before shoveling it into my face. I looked at my father expectantly. He and Mio sat across from Tobias and me. We were at a very fancy Italian restaurant. Mio looked very calm as she ate her pasta covered in pesto sauce, a small smile on her face as she ate. My father on the other hand looked nervous. He had barely picked at the large plate of pasta in front of him. He was fidgety and hadn't said much during dinner.

"Uh, yes," he said before clearing his throat. I raised an eyebrow at him, my fork stabbed into the past still laying in the bowl in front of me. I sent a glance over at Tobias. His bright (E/C) eyes met mine, and he shrugged, pushing more pasta into his mouth. He quickly turned his attention but to our father. "Uh, well, Mio and I have an announcement to make," he said, and immediately I knew what conversation was going to take place. I laughed inwardly. I could have some fun with this. There was a moment of silence before dad dropped the bombshell. "Mio and I are engaged," he managed

"Oh, we know," I said nonchalantly, before taking in another mouth full of noodles. My fathers eyes immediately widened as he looked at us. His face was which had been very pale went red very quickly.

"How the hell did you guys figure it out already?" he hissed quietly, leaning forward, very clearly wanting a good explanation. "We don't even have a ring yet, and you aren't even home," he pointed out. His bright red eyebrows were drawn together in confusion as he looked between the two of us. Tobias took a causal sip of his water before responding.

"Mio said you guys were gonna spend the rest of your lives together," my brother said, twirling his fork into his spaghetti noodles absentmindedly. Our father groaned and let his head fall into hands, letting out a deep sigh as he did so. This cause both my brother and I to snicker slightly, glancing at each other, bright smiles on our faces.

At first I hadn't been sure what to think about the engagement, but I was starting to think that this was the perfect time, the perfect plan. With everything that had been going on, this is what we needed, all of us. And not to mention that this was exciting. A marriage in your family didn't happen every day. It was an important and exciting event. I was already starting to feel giddy about the events that hadn't even taken place yet.

"Also, (Y/N)," my father began, turning to look at me. He had regained his composer but still looked a little irked that it couldn't be a surprise. He was probably trusted at getting so worked up over something that we already knew. I knew my father very well. "This pertains more to you, and you're brother already knows." He immediately held up his hands in a placating gesture. He knew I hated it when things were kept from me. This time was no exception. "We just didn't get the chance, and this really isn't something we could discuss over the phone. It's easier to do in person," he explained. I crossed my arms and leaned back in my chair, not completely happy but still willingly to be understanding. Dad was under pressure. I needed to give him a little bit of a break. He couldn't be on top of everything all the time. It was too much for one man.

"Mio wants a temptaint," he said. "And this isn't something I can keep her from doing, especially since we are getting married. She wants to know." All previous anger rushed out of my body as his words. I had already known about this. There was nothing to be mad about. Now, I wasn't exactly happy about Mio wanting a temptaint. I wouldn't wish being stuck to see demons for the rest of your life on anyone, even my eighth grade bully. Demons had gotten me into this hellish nightmare, and I didn't want to drag Mio into it. But if dad had relented, I'd dint really have any room to argue. This was Mio's decision to make. And I wasn't about to stop her.