Chapter Thirty-Nine

Happy Easter! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Okay but omg I'm soooo excited to share this chapter with y'all. I've been waiting for a long time. I hope you all enjoy!

A loud knock on my door woke me from my deep slumber. It had been a few weeks since my incident with the swords. Ever since then, training had been putting more of a strain on me. We trained lightly, but it still felt as if she was working me into the ground, forcing me to my limits. She was patient with me during our continued one on one session, but they didn't seem to be getting anywhere. There wasn't any a significant changes or improvements.

Outside of our sessions, Shura kept up a mask in front of others. Since mental training wasn't going anywhere, we spent most of the time sparring and working up lost muscles mass that I had lost while my wound was healing. We had not had any further issues with the higher ups, and it seemed Shura was doing a pretty good job keeping my secrets which I was grateful for.

Shura was not the only one keeping up a mask; I was a mess both mentally and physically. I felt so awful keeping secrets from just about every important person in my life. The other people at the cram school had grown to become my family, and I felt absolutely awful for keeping important information from them. No one had brought up noticing any changes, but that didn't make me feel any better. I still felt more than guilty.

I turned over and tried to go back to sleep, borrowing down onto my blankets. My eyes snapped open when another knock sounded on my bedroom door, but I didn't move, hoping whoever it was would just go away and leave me to sleep some more.

"(Y/N), you need to get up," a deep voice called through the wood. "You're going to be late." There was a few moments of silence as I tried to wake myself up enough to look at the clock. I stared at the ceiling, turning over again when I heard the door open. Ryuji stood in the doorway, already in his school uniform. He crossed the room quietly and sat in the edge of the bed. "You need to get up, babe," he said quietly. I shook my head and pulled the covers over my head. He laughed and pulled them back down. I glared at him, and he responded by pressing a kiss to my nose. He frowned and pressed his lips to my forehead.

I whined and pushed him away, his lips cold on my skin. "Cold," I explained. A large hand was placed on the side of my face and then moved up to rest on my forehead.

"You're burning up," he muttered. I put a hand to my head even though I knew I wouldn't be able to feel it. I pushed myself to sit up in bed, but Ryuji took me by my shoulders and pushed me back down. "You're sick. You need to stay in bed," he instructed. I pouted, not wanting to lay in bed all day and do nothing. "This is what happens when you run yourself into the ground," he said, a small frown on his face.

"I'm not running myself into the ground," I protested, crossing my arms. "I'm fine," I insisted.

"Your temperature says otherwise," Bon argued, his eyes narrowing. "You need to stop pushing yourself so hard," he said, looking upset. "You're exhausted all the time. This is your body telling you to need to settle down and take a break," he said, his voice becoming softer the longer he spoke.

"I can't take a break!" I snapped, a sudden wave of frustration sweeping into my stomach. "You wouldn't understand."

"You're right," he snapped back. "I wouldn't understand because you don't tell me anything any more. I barely see you anymore, your either training with Shura or cooped up in here."

"Even if I tried to tell you wouldn't understand. I don't understand it all yet, and I don't know how to feel about it." I was now sitting up in bed despite Bon's earlier attempts to get me to lay down. He didn't seem to care whether I was sitting or laying down now. He was too angry. He was glaring at me, fire burning him his eyes, and his fists were clenched so tightly his knuckles were white.