Chapter Ten

Thanks for sticking with me, I truly appreciate it! As always, don't forget to comment and vote, please and a big thank you!

The following weeks after my realization were rough to say the least, and cram school starting back up again didn't help much. The only thing it was good for was keeping me distracted, but even that didn't last long. I still had tutoring sessions with Suguro because of new classes and I still sat next to him in every class I had with him. I had been trying to distance myself, if even just a little, trying to keep these new feelings at bay.

I need to be worrying about my studies right now, not about boys, I reminded myself as I headed off to practice with Rin and Shura. Sword fighting was also a good distraction. I could blow off all my steam and not have to worry about anything but the fight. I could leave everything in the training center without having to use my words.

"Hey! Where the hell is Rin?" Shura asked as I entered the trading center. She stood with her hands on her hips, a scary glare on her face.

"Mr. Okumura said he wasn't feeling well this morning," I said as I set my stuff down. "Apparently he ate something bad," I explained. Shura made a face of disgust but didn't say anything more about the subject.

She only sighed and said, "Alright. Well stretch and get ready." I did as I was told in silence until she spoke again. "You've been improving a lot in the past few weeks," Shura commented. I looked up in surprise, not having noticed myself. It was also strange to receive any type of praise from Shura. "What changed?" she asked. She already had her sword out and had it resting over her shoulder. I paused where I was on the floor, in the the middle of a stretch. I looked a the ground and frowned. I knew what had changed, but I didn't want to talk about it.

"Nothing changed," I lied quietly.

"Don't lie to me," Shura snapped, causing me to jumped. I looked up at her. There was a soft glare on her face but not as powerful as before.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't really want to talk about it," I told her, not looking her in the eye. She remained silent and I was forced to look up at her. Her cold eyes told me to spill it and that we weren't going anywhere until it did. I threw up my hands and exclaimed, "Fine! I like this guy, but I was bullied in eighth grade over stuff regarding relationships, and I really don't want to deal with it again. I don't have a mom to go to, and I'm not going to my older brother cause he'll just freak out and I'm not going to my dad and worrying him again." I paused and realized what I had done. My face flushed red with embarrassment and I peaked up at Shura who was staring at me, an impassive look on her face. "And you didn't need to know all that..." I said, trailing off.

"Feels better to get it off your chest though, doesn't it?" Shura asked and I nodded, wringing my hands slightly. "Hey, well I understand you don't have a motherly figure in your life right now and I'm obviously not a mother, but if you need to talk to a girl, you can come talk to me," she said, surprising me. "Alright, now up and at em. Let's burn more off some more of that steam. Maybe I'll even show you some of my tricks."

{Line Break}

By the end of practice, I was so sore I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get out of bed tomorrow. Shura has indeed shown me some of her sword techniques and many of them had knocked me on my sure to be bruised tailbone. She explained to me that she wanted to start working on mental training to try and control that power of my swords I had used before. She explained the candle training she used for Rin and said she would find something for me to try.

I quickly packed my stuff up and almost groaned aloud when I realized what day it was, Tuesday. I really just wanted to skip this tutoring session, but then Bon would know for certain that something was wrong. We had gotten inevitably closer since school started despite my attempts at distancing myself and he had actually allowed me to start calling him by his nickname. At first it was a little weird calling him that but it soon became like second nature.