Chapter Eleven

This is BY FAR my favorite chapter, so I hope you like it as much as I do! If you would, leave a comment and vote! Thank you kindly!

(F/B): favorite book
(F/S): favorite show

I sat silence as the doctor checked over my heart rate and other vitals. She asked me questions and I answered them to the best of my ability, but I was extremely exhausted. I was always left like this after a bad attack. My muscles were weak and my mind was running slowly. I felt someone tap on my check and I looked up to see the doctor looking at me, a concerned look on her face.

"Did you hear me, (Y/N)?" I shook my head. "I said, you need to go back to your dorm and rest, but I'm sure you've heard it all before." I nodded once, used to hearing that order after every attack.

"Can I see Suguro?" I asked. I was worried about him and felt guilty for him being hurt. If I could have calmed down and controlled myself, he wouldn't be hurt.

"(Y/N), settle. Yes, you can see him, but you have to remain calm. You can't work yourself up again; you're already exhausted as it is." I nodded and thanked the doctor. She led me to a nurse who smiled and led me to where Bon's room was located. I stood in front of the door for a few minutes, trying to figure out what I was as going to say. I had multiple things to apologize for and I wasn't sure how the boy would react. He had looked very mad at me earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to see me. I wouldn't want to see me either.

Finally working up what little courage I had, I knocked on the door. I heard Bon's voice, telling me to come in. I opened the door and slowly made my way into the room. Shima was sitting in a chair by Bon's bed. Bon said something to Shima and the other boy stood up and made his way past me but not before sending me a small smile. I stepped further into the room and stopped a few paces away from the bed.

I hid my eyes behind my long hair, not wanting to look the older student in the eyes. I could feel tears of guilt and fear start to prickle at the corners of my eyes. "I'm sorry," I choked out. "It's all my fault you got hurt again," I said, a sob starting to well up in my throat. "Every time we're partnered up for missions something goes wrong and you get hurt. You have to hate me, how could you not?" I sobbed. I stayed quiet, not able to say anything else. All the stress and anxiety and insecurities had surfaced and had come crashing down on me. I was at my breaking point.

I was suddenly tugged into his lap and strong chest. I tired to pull back, but a strong hand pushed my head into his shoulder. Not possessing the energy to fight back, I simply clenched the front of his hospital issued shirt in my fists. "None of that was your fault, none of it at all," he soothed, stroking my hair. He set his chin on the top of my head, and I closed my eyes.

"If I would have just-" He shushed me gently, cutting me off.

"No, none of it was your fault. You couldn't control what happened." I heard him take a deep breath before he continued. "I know a panic attack when I see one, (Y/N)," he whispered, and I tensed in his arms. "A lot of people suffer from them, but that doesn't make you or anyone else weak. We can't help that we're scared of one thing or another or if they're just apart of us. You can't control them; it's not your fault." He stayed silent for a moment, letting the words soak in. "Do you understand me, (Y/N)," he asked, and I nodded against his shoulder. He pushed me back by my shoulders and cupped my face with both hands, causing me to blush. "And why do you think I could ever hate you?" he whispered in a disbelieving tone, his eyes searching my face. I shrugged and looked away. He stayed quiet, obviously waiting for a verbal response.

"I mess up a lot and only ever seem to get in the way," I muttered, not wanting to voice my insecurities.

"Is that what you think?" he asked. He used the hand still on my face to make me look at him. "You are amazing, (Y/N). An amazing fighter, an amazing student, and an amazing friend." His compliments made me blush. I wanted to look away, but his firm hand prevented me from doing so. "And everyone messes up, (Y/N), it's part of being human." I nodded at his words. Bon shifted in the bed, suddenly looking uncomfortable. I frowned at his sudden change in demeanor. He wouldn't meet my eyes, and there was a prominent blush on his cheeks.