Chapter Thirty-Three

Soooooo I like how I have had writer's block for the past 8 days or so, and then I get a crap ton of ideas while I'm trying to watch Phantom of the Opera which I'm not entirely sure how I feel about🤷🏻‍♀️

"(Y/N)? Are you sure this is a good idea?" Tobias asked as he pushed furniture out of the way to make a large, empty space in the middle of the living room.

"No, but I want answers, and they're the only ones who can give them to me," I snapped, taking the rings out of the plastic baggy. Shura and Yukio had told me not to try anything with the Sister Swords until I was completely recovered, but I was sure the mental strain of anxiety was going to worse on my body than summoning the demons. And to have to make a decision like that. That made everything a thousand times worse and million times more stressful.

"(Y/N), you really shouldn't," my father said. "I know you want your answers just like Tobias and I do but we don't want to risk your health," he said pointedly. I choose to ignore him and took the rings in my hands. I had told them everything and let them read both of the letters. They weren't happy to say the least.

On my silent command, they transformed into swords, as sharp and deadly as ever. I placed them on the ground in front of me like I did every time in the training center.

"I have to do this." I wasn't sure if I said that for myself or for my father and brother. "When I do this," I began, looking back at them, "you can't freak out. This is normal, and I've done it before." They didn't say anything. Turning back to the task at hand, I placed my hands on the swords, creating the physical connection required for summoning the demons.

In the flash of the light, the two demons appeared before me. I heard scrambling behind me and knew at least one of them had freaked out, probably being my brother. I glared at them and took out the letters, shoving them at Katsuro. "What the hell?" I shouted.

"What the hell is right, (Y/N)!" he shouted back. "You nearly die and then go weeks without summoning us. Didn't you at least think to do something? You nearly broke the contract. You die, the contract is broken," he hissed, throwing his hands up in the air. My anger got the best of me, and I grabbed the front of his shirt.

"You didn't think to tell me about any of that bull shit that was in those letters?" I shouted. "You couldn't have warned me ahead of time?" Katsuro only glared at me.

"(Y/N)," Kitiara said carefully, putting her hands on my arm, prying my fingers off the male demon's clothing. "Calm down, and I'll explain everything." I didn't realize until then that I was shaking. I quickly let go and pulled my hands to my chest. She then looked over my shoulder, and I followed her gaze. My father and brother were both paler than normal and seemed to be extremely frightened. I couldn't say I blamed them. I probably looked the same way when I first saw Kitiara snd Katsuro. "Who are these people?" Kitiara asked, returning her attention to me.

"My father and my brother, Cole and Tobias," I said. "Uh, Katsuro and Kitiara," I introduced, gesturing to the two demons.

"That one doesn't look like he has any relation to you," Katsuro growled, pointing at my father rudely. I growled in impatience and snatched a picture frame off the counter. I shoved it to the demon's face but wouldn't let him touch it. He only nodded. "Okay," he said, standing. "Got a better place we could talk?" he asked as he extended a hand to Kitiara to help her up. She stood and smoothed her dress.

What is his problem? He's a total ass to me, but acts like a gentlemen toward Kitiara? "Come on," I snapped and led them out of the family room to the kitchen. We sat around the table, a tense silence filling the air. "Spill it," I snapped, folding my hands in front of me.