Chapter Fifty-Three

Look what I managed to crank out tonight! Drop a comment and/or a vote to tell me what you think! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

"I'll see you later, Ryuji," I said as I held my boyfriend's large hands in my own. We were just finishing our dragoon training with Mr. Okumura, and my boyfriend had offered to walk me down to the gym where my training with Shura was. I had, of course, accepted, never passing up an opportunity to walk me anywhere. It was just another opportunity to spend time with the one I loved.

"Okay," he said, leaning down to press a kiss to my cheek. I smiled, and a blush crept onto my face, heating my cheeks up. The boy standing in front of me never ceased to make me blush. He never ceased to show his love to me. "I'll see you later, babe," he said, giving me another kiss, this time on the forehead. My smile only widened, and I grabbed the front of his shirt, pulling him down for a kiss on the lips.

Immediately, I felt him sigh into the kiss as he relaxed. His hands came to rest on the small of my back, pulling me closer to him. He pulled me tight to his chest, my body against his own. I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing up on my tiptoes to get a better reach at the boy. His hands moved to my hips, grasping them tightly as he pulled me impossibly closer to him. When we finally broke apart, we were both gasping for air. Bon leaned his forehead on my own. I could feel his breath on my face as we stood in silence, the only sound being that of our heavy breathing.

"Damn, I love you so much," Bon declared, his voice low and cold.

"I love you, too," I said, my voice significantly softer but with an equal amount of conviction. He kissed my nose gently, causing me to giggle. "You better get to class," I whispered at him.

"I know," he said, that usual smirk of his starting to form on his beautiful lips. "But I'd much rather stand here and kiss you," he growled, nipping at my ear. I giggled and pushed him away slightly by his chest. "I know, I know," he grumbled. "This is neither the time or the place," he said with a sigh. "But there will be a time and a place," he said. I gasped as I realized what he was insinuating.

"Ryuji!" I shouted, smacking him on the shoulder. This caused him to laugh.

"Okay, okay, I know. I'm just kidding; you know that," he relented, his voice soft and comforting. Now I didn't want to leave either. "But I meant what I said," he reminded me. I felt him take my left hand in his own and rubbed the spot where a ring would someday go. I blushed and nodded, smiling at the boy in front of me.

"I know," I whispered back. I pecked him on the lips, but he followed me with his lips. I laughed and said, "Really, Ryuji. I have to go, and so to you." He sighed but nodded. "I love you," I reminded him, tapping him on the nose.

"I know, love you too, babe," he said and kissed me on the cheek once more before turning and leaving. I watched him retreat, his figure getting smaller before he finally turned a corner and disappeared. I sighed and shook my head, my thoughts swimming, but there was only one thought on my mind. That boy. He would be the death of me.

Finally turning, I shoved the door open, shaking my head to try and clear my mind, trying to get my thoughts straight before training. I stopped short upon entering the room. What I saw made my insides churn like a lead ball was rolling around in my stomach. Standing in the middle of the room, next to Rin was not Shura like I had expected. Instead, I found Rin sitting in the middle of the floor while the Palidain, Authur Auguste Angel himself, was standing next to Rin. My eyes narrowed as I took in the scene before me. Shura wasn't anywhere in sight. There was something very seriously wrong.

I took a step back only to hear the door slam behind me forcefully. I jumped and turned around to see Lightning standing in front of me. There was a soft click and suddenly the muzzle of a handgun being shoved in my face.