Epilogue

Wow. This is it. Thank you all for joining me on this amazing journey that was this fanfiction. To think it started out in the notes app of my phone for a little practice in romance. I had no idea it would turn into this. Thank you all so so so much. And PLEASE see the end of this chapter for another quick note. Thank you and enjoy.

(Y/N)'s POV

"(F/N), please step forward," the man with ridiculously long blonde hair said from the middle of the stage. I took a deep breath and stole a look at my boyfriend who was standing to the right of me. He gave me a soft smile and a nod. Letting out the deep breath, I stepped toward the Paladin, standing directly across from him. There was a bright smile on his face as he held my pin and new credentials in his hands.

Today, alongside my dearest friends and in front of my family, I was becoming an exorcist. It had been three years since I had battled Kaage on the roof of True Cross Academy. Though my years at this school was coming to an end, I had quite a long way to go in terms of being an exorcist. There were ranks to climb, missions to go on, more meisters to get; there was a lot ahead of me.

I hadn't picked up another sword since the battle. I couldn't bring myself to. I had been offered many many demon slaying swords since then, everyone knowing how skilled I was with a blade, but I just couldn't bring myself to grip the leather wrap. Once, when I had finally built up the courage, it hadn't felt right; I had returned the blade immediately. From then on, I knew it wasn't my destiny to continue wielding a sword. I had done what I needed to do. That part of my life was over. There was so much more to do, so many things I hadn't done yet. I didn't need one thing to define my life. The world was open and free and wide. I had plenty of options.

Even though I would never have my knight meister, I was still receiving my dragoon meister today as well all of my credentials and my pin. My heart was pounding out of my chest as I stood in front of the blonde man. I didn't even know why I was so stressed out. It wasn't like I had to give a speech or anything. All I had to do was place my left hand on the holy scripture of my choice, raise my right hand, and repeat a few lines that Angel would feed to me. It wasn't going to be that hard. It wasn't like there was a room full of senior exorcists behind me.

"(F/N)," Angel said, once again gaining my attention. I took a deep breath and nodded. I got a small smile in return before he continued. "You are here today before your friends, family, the court, and fellow exorcists to view your allegiance to the Japan Branch of the Knights of the True Cross. the Order as a whole, the Vatican, and the Pope," he boomed so even the people in the far back of the auditorium could hear. "Do you accept this role?" he asked.

I nodded. "I do," I vowed. Without a word, he gestured for my father who was standing in the wings with my holy text of choice. He came to stand beside me as he held out the book for me to place my left hand. I smiled at the man with bright red hair, and placed my left hand atop the book before raising my right hand as I turned to the other man.

"Please repeat after me," he instructed, and I nodded once more, waiting with bated breath for the man to continue. "I, (F/N)," he began, and I repeated, my voice only slightly shaky. "Promise to uphold the oath of the Knights of the True Cross."

"Promise to uphold the oath of the Knights of the True Cross," I said before taking another deep breath. .

"And carry the values of a true exorcist."

"And carry the values of a true exorcist." Breathe.

"To the best of my ability."

"To the best of my ability." Breathe.

"I vow this oath before my fellow exorcists, family, paladin, and Pope."

"I vow this oath before my fellow exorcists, family, paladin, and Pope." Breathe.