Chapter Forty-Eight

This chapter is kinda meh, but it's necessary. Part of the next chapter is probably going to be the same way. I still hope that you like this chapter, and hank you for reading. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Y/N)'s POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shima, you asshole, stop!" Rin screeched at the pink haired boy. Shima only laughed hysterically at Rin's explosion.

I blearily removed my face from the crook of my boyfriend's neck, turning to look at the two other boys occupying the floor. I was laying beside Ryuji on the couch, just trying to relax after a particularly rough training session. It wasn't as physically exhausting as it was mentally exhausting. We had been working to make my mind stronger which had taken a tole on both my mind and body.

To my surprise, Mephisto had come in to help. Though he was he king of time and space, he still had a few other tricks up his sleeves. He had reached to the far depths of my mind. It had left my on the floor, crying my eyes out in both physical and emotional pain. He had dug deep, reached for the memories that I just wanted to drown out so I never had to see them again. I had screamed and cursed at him, telling him that he was invading my privacy. He had met my eyes with his cold green ones, telling me that this is what Kaage would target, brining up these memories to mental weaken me, to distract me. He just wanted to prepare me, but I felt violated. I had drowned certain memories because they sent me spiraling into a panic, but I was forced to push through it. The demon headmaster had told me that I showed promise in this training. He had initially, he had thought it wouldn't work, but we tried it, and he had proven himself wrong.

Now, I was wrapped up in my boyfriend's strong and protective arms. He had been half asleep, but Rin's outburst has woken him.looking over at the other exwires, I saw Run standing, Wii control in hand as he glared at Shima who was lying on his back, his body shaking with laughter.

"You said you sucked at this game, that's why I picked it!" Rin shouted.

"I-I l-lied-d," Shima gasped out through uncontrollably bouts of laughter. Rin was fuming as he sent a frightening glower fit for a demon at the pink haired boy on the floor.

"Would you two shut up," Bon mumbled from next to me. "I'm trying to sleep." His arm tightened around my stomach, pulling me closer to him. I sighed and planted my face back in his chest, breathing in his sweet scent. He still smelled like pine and cinnamon and something that was uniquely Ryuji Suguro. I hummed happily and wrapped my own arms around his strong body. I felt a kiss being pressed to the top of my head before he nuzzled his cheek to my head. I heard a fake retching noise and couldn't help but laugh. We tried to be extra lovey in front of Shima and Rin, knowing it got on their nerves, Rin more than anyone else as he saw me as his little sister. Bon immediately leaned back and pressed a hard kiss to my lips.

When we broke apart, I was laughing so hard as I looked over at the boys. Both boy's faces were bright red as they refused to make eye contact with either of us. "Get a room, you two," Shima grumbled, grabbing his Wii remote and turning back to the TV. It was now our turn to blush. It wasn't the first time he had made an inappropriate comment, and it most certainly wouldn't be the last, but it was still embarrassing. It was payback. And we probably deserved it.

"We were here first," Ryuji threw out without a moment of hesitation. Rin visibly took a deep breath and let it out in a huff before sitting down in front of he TV once more. I resumed my position next to my boyfriend and snuggled back into his side.

Our relaxing moment was broken when my phone went off, play AC/DC's Back in Black for all to hear. I groaned and rolled away form Bon only to end up landing on the floor harshly and subsequently my phone which was in my back pocket. I sighed and fished my still ringing phone out of my pocket. I glanced at the caller ID to see that my brother was calling. I hit the accept button and held the phone up to my ear, grumbling a "hello?" into the phone. "'ey, (Y/N)," I heard the voice of my brother say. It sounding like he was talking into a pillow. "'e need-we need go talk," he mumbled. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.