Chapter Thirty

⚠️PLEASE READ⚠️
Are you guys still enjoying this book? I don't know, I've seen less reads than normal and less comments. I know I'm getting into the gritty details that are pushing the story forward. They're important to the plot, but I wanted to know what you guys thought, and I just wanted to know if you're still enjoying this book. Constructive criticism and requests are always welcome!

Several weeks had passed since my meeting with Angel, and not much had changed. I hadn't been training with my swords because we didn't know how it would affect my wounds. Mr. Okumura And Shura said we'd try again when the stitches came out after break. It was pretty boring around cram school without an physical training. There was no news about the case, and not even Mephisto had said a word to me. It was silently worrying, but I had other things I needed to worry about now.

It was finally Christmas break and I couldn't have been more excited. I was going to go home and surprise my brother and father. I was so excited to be heading home to see my family again, but I would miss the friends that I've spent nearly half a year with.

"Call me if you need anything, even if you think it's not a big deal, okay?" Bon pressed for the umpteenth time that afternoon.

"I promise," I said, gripping his forearms. "I'm only a phone call away," I added. He nodded but didn't look very convinced. I knew all of this was about the lack of sleep I had been getting for he past few weeks. Ever since I had laid my eyes on that picture of Ishida, my sleep had been plagued with nightmares. They weren't as gruesome as the ones that sent to crying to my boyfriend in the middle of the night, but they were enough to make sure I didn't sleep properly.

We were at the train station, waiting for my train to arrive. I was going to take the train to just outside of town and then have a bus take me to the stop a block from my house. The sound of the horn blew, signaling the arrival of my train. "I love you," I said, reaching up to press a kiss to his mouth. "I'll see you after New Years, okay?" He nodded, pecking me on the lips.

"Love you, too," he said softly. "Be safe. Call me if you need anything," he repeated.

"I will," I promised. I kissed him on the cheek once more and bid him farewell. I stepped onto the train, ready to see my brother and father again. I found my seat quickly and put my luggage away quickly before taking my seat. I leaned my chin on my hand as the train lurched forward and began to move. This is going to be a long ride.

{Line Break}

As I walked down the sidewalk, my suitcase trailing behind me, I kicked a few rocks in the middle of the path. No matter how hard I tired, I could stop thinking about Takeo Ishida. The man was beginning to consume my mind and my thoughts, and I was quickly becoming tired of it. I was hoping this break would give me a break from those thoughts as well.

I sighed as I stopped a stood in front of my home. We lived in a simple neighborhood if you could even call it that. It was more like a street on a back road that only a few families with kids lived on. There was a small patch of woods behind the row of houses that cut us off from the rest of the town. I smiled, but it faltered when I realized my brother's truck wasn't here. The smile turned into a frown when I saw an unfamiliar car sitting in the drive way. I brushed it off and walked up the pathway to the front door.

Grabbing my keys, I unlocked the front door and stepped inside. I was immediately greeted by a bullet of black fur. I dropped with suitcase with a clatter in the entry hall as the huge dog jumped up on me. I was greeted with slobbery dog kisses from our family dog, a massive German Shepherd named Loki. He was a monster of a dog, and when he stood on his hind legs, he could put his paws on my dad's shoulders.