Chapter Forty-One

Just a quick little bit of self promotion, but my Insta is @ dark.kai.art (I've done art of some of the characters there) Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~3rd Person POV~~~~~~~~~~

"Kaage," the man swathed in dark cloth growled. A pale, shirtless man raised his head that was covered in disheveled black hair to reveal frightening red eyes. Grimy bandaged were wrapped around his knuckles like a boxer would as they trained for a fight. His lack of shirt showed off many battle scars covering his strong back, chest, and shoulders. They ranged from small cuts to massive lacerations. Dirt and grime covered his naked torso as well as his arms and face.

"What?" the man hissed from his spot on an overturned crate that threatened to splinter under his weight. His snarl displayed sharp fangs that glinted in the half light of the dingy room. The walls of the old cabin where the two men were hiding were in shambles, looking so weak that one might suspect the slightest bit of wind would cause it to collapse.

"Are you going to preform your little magic trick or are you just going to let us rot in his disgusting dump?" the first man said.

"Patience, Ishida," Kaage snapped, standing from his spot on the rickety crate. He walked over to the far wall of the cabin, looking out between the wooden slats. He grumbled something inaudible under his breath and walked over to the door, and threw the door open, nearly taking the entire thing of its hinges. With no doorstop, the door smacked the wall with tremendous force causing the entire shack to shutter. He stepped out into the bright sunshine, shielding his eyes with a hand. "The sun has to be at the perfect spot to cast a shadow of the perfect size. I shadow too small, and I can't work. Too big, and I'll kill the girl," he explained as he reentered the hut.

"Why don't we just kill her?" Ishida asked, anger thick in his voice. "It would make our lives a lot easier."

"No," Kaage immediately snapped. "She dies and the contract breaks. With no successor, the rings will he destroyed, and I will be dead along with them." Kaage swing around and glowered at Ishida. "You were a fool to attack her like you did. You almost killed me!" Kaage screeched, bearing his sharp canines. "I would have died and then where would you be? Huh? Did you ever think about that?" Ishida was left in silence. He didn't say a word and didn't look anywhere near Kaage. The latter let out an exaggerated sigh and collapsed back into the overturned crate, running a hand through his hair. "What?" he snapped for the second time in five minutes, knowing that Ishida had a question.

Ishida shifted his weight from foot to foot, still not looking at Kaage. "Can you explain this...ritual you are performing again. I can't wrap my head around it," he explained, having the decency to look sheepish; Kaage has already explained twice. Kaage sighed once more and stood up, looking disgruntled.

"That necklace that you wear when you have not summoned me, I am contained by that moon shaped pendent. Katsuro and Kitiara are contained by the rings. Do you follow?" Ishida nodded. "That pendent and the rings are connected because all three swords were forged with the blood of Ishida. The girl has made a spiritual connection with my siblings which means I'm connected to her. Does that make sense." Ishida nodded slowly. "I can tap in to her conscious. I can gain information from her without her knowing. I can eventually take control of her when her body and mind are capable of handling that much raw power." Kaage opened the door and stepped out, motioning for Ishida to follow him.

Kaage walked over to a huge stone tablet that was hidden between a few trees. There were three figures carved perfectly into the dark stone. The carvings were worn, but anyone could see that there were three figures as well as many symbols present. One figure, one larger than the others, rose above two smaller figures. Above the larger figure was a crescent moon. Kaage knelt and dipped his head as if completing some kind of ritual before placing his hand upon the top of the stone tablet. "This rock has old, dark magic imbedded deep within it, placing there by the Ishida's. It allows me to more easily connect to the girl. It gives me a path way."