Chapter Fifty-Seven

OMG GUYS IM FINALLY BACK. Life has been hectic as I'm sure it all has been for you, so thank you for being so patient. Drop a comment and/or vote to let me know what you think of this chapter. Enjoy!

Bon's POV

It was all happening faster than I could process. One minute, she was fine, and the next there were tears running down her face as she asked if we could hear someone laughing. There was no one laughing. The only sound was feet on the cold stone floor of the Vatican and of (Y/N)'s panicked voice. Before I knew what was happening, she was screaming bloody murder, her scream causing a jolt of electricty to race up my spine. And then she was falling. And then she was seizing.

It was like finding her bleeding out all over again. I froze. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as she convulsed on the floor, her limbs smacking the hard floor below her, her chest arching as she shook. I could only look on as Angel shoved his hands under my girlfriend's head, protecting her head from any sort of blunt force trauma she could possibly endure. I watched in shock and fear as Lightning wrestled the girl into the recovery position, her body still spasming, white foam coming from her mouth.

All of a sudden, everything was speeding up, and I was finally back in the moment. It almost made me sick, and I had to resist the urge to vomit. The sound of her choking and her arms and legs smacking the cold floor caused my stomach to churn painfully.

"Someone get a medic!" Angel ordered, making sure to keep his hands under (Y/N)'s head to act as a cushion. Before anyone had a chance to respond, (Y/N)'s back was suddenly arching, and another blood curdling scream ripped from her throat. I couldn't help but cover my ears in response. It was the worst thing I had ever heard. My stomach churned again at the sound.

Her eyes were suddenly flying open, but when they opened, I was not met with her beautiful (E/C) orbs that I had come to love. Instead, I found them to be blood red. I recognized them as Kaage's eyes. I could feel all color drain from my face in realization. She was being possessed. And she was being possessed by a demon that we knew nothing about. No one knew what his power could do to her. Trying to withhold even a small portion of Kitiara's power had proved too much for the girl, almost over taking her at the first attempt. This could be the end, and there was nothing I could without hurting my girlfriend.

I watched in horror as her foaming mouth opened, a laugh not her own coming from her mouth. His laugh wasn't sweet and full of joy, it was evil and full of malice. "Well!" the voice shouted. Her mouth wasn't even moving in time with the words. She was just a vessel now, a speaker for Kaage to put to use. "I truly didn't think it would have to come to this. WHat do you think? Did it really have to come to this? If we hadn't been interrupted, we could already be done with this whole thing," the gravelly voice said. "It would all be over!" Kaage declared. "My master would hold supreme power, and this girl would already be dead!" The voice erupted back into a sick laughter.

By this time, we had drawn quite a crowd. There was a whole medical unit gathered as well as a few other high level exorcists. I winced as the voice returned. "I'm not using my full power, so the girl will live, only to die by my physical hand," he warned, his voice turning as dark as ever. "I want to see (Y/N) on the roof of True Cross Academy at sun down. I want to see (Y/N) and only (Y/N). She will have no assistance. This is between the Ishida and Matsuda families. If anyone is to interfere," his voice trailed off.

Suddenly, there was a sound of violent choking. I spun around to mind one of the medical technicians grabbing at his chest. HIs eyes rolled back into his head before he fell to the floor. A doctor declared no pulse. "Let this be a lesson to you all," the voice said before (Y/N)'s body finally relaxed, the red in her eyes being replaced with that familiar (E/C). Her chest was heaving for precious air. I dropped to my knees beside her, my hands hovering over top of her, not sure what to do, afraid to hurt her.