Chapter Forty-Two

Sorry for that impromptu little break we had there, but I just didn't have anything to post because my motivation was nonexistent. Anyway, thanks for being patient with me. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"Mom, please," Ryuji whined, running a hand over his very red face. My face was equally red, but not for the same reason. My boyfriend was nearly prettified with embarrassment while I was laughing my ass off. His mother was telling me about her son when he was a young boy, and I couldn't seem to get enough of it. "I swear, the next time I see you're dad, I'm asking him about embarrassing stories about you," Ryuji threatened. A glare was on his face, but it held no true malice. I only continued to laugh.

I wrapped an arm around my boyfriend's wait and pulled him into my side. "Oh, Ryuji," I muttered. "We're just picking. Stop being a baby," I teased. He immediately dug his fingers into my side causing me to shriek in surprise. The more he tickled me, the weaker my legs got, and I was now laying in the middle of the kitchen floor as Ryuji stood over me, a smug look on his face. I glared at him, but it only lasted a second. He extended a hand to me and pulled me up with a smile. I was quick to send one back his way.

Torako smiled as I resumed my spot in the chair next to her at the kitchen table. Ryuji took the spot next to me. He brushed my hair out of my face and pressed a quick kiss to my cheeks. "My, (Y/N)," she said as he put her hand on my arm. She leaned in and whispered in my ear. "I've never seen Ryuji look at anyone like he looks at you." I smiled and blushed, turning to look at my boyfriend. He only smiled and pecked me on the forehead.

For the next hour or so, I spent time sitting with Ryuji and this mother, just learning more about her. I in turn told her about my family and a little about myself as well.  She was funny and liked to laugh, but I could tell that she would put you in line if she though you needed it. She was the prefect mix between sweet and strict. Well, it was perfect in my eyes. I soon found myself yawning, and I covered my mouth with a hand.

"I hate to cut this short, but I think I should be headed to bed pretty soon," I said apologetically as I checked the time on my phone. It was about nine o'clock, and I still needed to get a shower and complete my nightly routine.

"Of course," Torako said with a smile. "It was so nice to finally meet you," she said as we both stood. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a tight hug. My heart twinged painfully, wanting my mother more and more with each passing second. She then pushed me back to arms length and smiled widely. "And don't worry about cutting this short, we have all weekend," she reminded me with a wink. I returned her smile, but it felt more than forced.

I yawned again as I left the room, set on getting rest for bed. I was physically and emotionally exhausted, and all I wanted to do was sleep. After my shower, as I sat in my bed brushing my hair, there was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I called, setting the brush on my nightstand.

"Just me," the voice that I immediately recognized as my boyfriend's called. I told him to come in, and he did so, shutting the door behind him. I stood and met him halfway across the room. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me to him, my hands on his chest as I looked up at him. "What's wrong, love?" he asked softly. "Something going on, it's there?" I nodded. "It is something my mom said?" he asked, a frown on his face. I immediately shook my head.

"No, no, she's fine. She seems like a wonderful woman," I said truthfully. "It's just-and I-I-" I cut off, not sure how to explain. One of Bon's hand came up to cup my cheek, gently running a thumb over my skin. I sighed and leaned into his touch, letting my eyes close.

"Breathe, babe, breathe," he soothed. "You're alright," he promised. I nodded.

"I know. Thank you," I muttered. I took a deep breath and started speaking again. "I just-seeing you with your mom it just-" I cut off again, feeling ashamed. I felt selfish. "I miss my mom, Ryuji," I muttered.