Chapter Fourty-Four

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know that I probably won't be posting next week because I'm going on a family vacation. Thanks for your patience! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

I took a deep breath, slipping the blue ring and and the black ring off of each of my middle fingers. I placed them in front of me where I was kneeling in the middle of my room. A strong hand rested on my lower back, giving me both emotional and physical support. Ryuji sat behind me and slightly to the right. A second hand joined the first, and they moved to my shoulders, squeezing them tightly in reassurance.

"Relax, love," he murmured, putting his chin on my shoulder as he looked down at the rings. "You're alright," he soothed, hands teasing the knots in my shoulders built up from weeks of tension. I small sigh escaped my lips, and I put my head down, letting my boyfriend work the knots out of my tense muscles.

I was so nervous for this. This would be my first time summoning Katsuro and Kitiara since the migraines started. I was afraid a migraine would break out. The last one had been so violent, actually making me throw up. I had never been in so much pain, not even when I had been stabbed. Nothing compared to the white hot pain of the migraines. It was like hot pokers stabbing into every inch of my head.

"Relax, love," Ryuji repeated, soft lips kissing my neck.

"I'm scared," I admitted quietly, not meeting my boyfriend's eyes. "I'm afraid it's going to happen again. It hurts so bad," I whispered. A hand gently grabbed my chin, making me look up at the deep brown eyes of my boyfriend.

"I know, babe, I know," he whispered, a sad look on his face. "But this could potentially give us answers. We need to get out of this nightmare. I can't stand to see you in so much pain and fear. It breaks my heart," Bon lamented, his thumb stroking my cheek. "I want to protect you from everything bad." I smiled at my boyfriend, my heart swelling with love for the boy in front of me.

My love for him overflowing, I put my hands on his cheeks and pulled him to me. His lips met mine in a tender kiss. Just like every other time I kissed the boy, fireworks exploded in the back of my head. Soft lips covered mine, letting me drink in his sweet taste. Strong, calloused hands were brought to the back of my neck, deepening the kiss. I shivered at his touch, melting into his embrace, wanting to loose myself in him. I wanted to leave all of this nightmare behind me. He was my escape.

My smaller hands threaded through his soft brown hair. Our kiss was deepening by the second, and soon I felt something swipe over my lips. My face erupted into flames. I knew my cheeks would be the color of a tomato. But he was my escape. He made me feel loved beyond belief. He helped through everything I had been struggling with a never let go. I loved this boy so much that I didn't have the words to describe it. I had never loved anyone like I loved Ryuji Suguro.

Though hesitant, I allowed him entrance, kissing him like I never had before. Needing air, I pulled back after a little while. My hands came to a rest on his chest, my chest heaving for air. Ryuji's hands came to rest on my waist as he leaned his forehead on mine. We sat silently for a few minutes, just drinking each other in, relishing in the temporary peace. Ryuji took a deep breath, pulling back from me a little. "You ready?" he asked in a whisper. I nodded hesitantly, but I knew it was time. I needed to do this. I couldn't avoid this. It needed to be done.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I whispered. He nodded firmly and pressed a quick kiss to my forehead. Taking a deep breath, I turned and knelt in front of the rings, mentally and physically preparing myself. Ryuji resumed his place behind me, placing his hand on my lower back. I look another deep breath and concentrated hard, envisioning the two demons in front of me.

There was a flash of light, and I opened my eyes to find my two demons sitting in front of me. Katsuro has that ever present glower in his face, and for once, Kitiara looked concerned. For the first time, there was not a smile on her beautiful face. There was a tense silence as I looked over as we stared at each other.