Chapter Thirty-Five

I honestly don't got a lot to say except in enjoy and tell me what you think!

"I'm so glad to be back!" I exclaimed as Rin and I walked down the hallway to the training center. Rin gave me a funny look before shaking his head. "What?" I asked. "I've missed training with you guys," I explained. "I miss training with you and Shura. It's fun, and I get to spend time with my other brother," I told him. He smiled at that. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked.

"It's good to have you back," he said, still smiling. "I will admit, I missed sparring with you. You're a much easier opponent than Shura." I weaseled out of his grip and stomped on his foot hard. "Ow!" he shrieked while he jumped on one foot, holding the other in pain. "What the hell was that for?" he asked, continuing to hop down the hallway.

"Learn to say something nice," I scolded. The half demon pouted at that but continued to walk anyway.

"I didn't mean it," he muttered as if he were a five year old. I only shook my head but smiled regardless. I couldn't stay mad at my other older brother figure. He was too nice to stay mad at.

When we reached the training room, I was confused by the fact that there was a strange man in the room standing with Shura. He wore cargo shorts and tall boots with a black jacket. A hat hung over his eyes even though we were in doors, keeping me from seeing his eyes. I didn't like that. "Good, you're here," Shura said, sounding very unlike her usual self. Something was up. "This is Lewin Light, otherwise known as Lightning. He's second in command and the paladin's right hand," she explained. She narrowed her eyes at me in a warning.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Lightning said, coming up to me. He grabbed one of my hands in both of his and shook firmly. I gave him a small smile, trying to hide my discomfort. "Now, I hear you wield two very infamous demon slaying swords. There's are multiple reports of demons themselves being connected to the swords," he said quickly. "Maybe even able to summon them?" As soon as Lightning has begun speaking, I knew he was going to bring it up eventually so I was able to hide my anger.

"No, unfortunately there are no demons connected to them. They only slay demons," I told him. He nodded.

"Well you see, I'm a very capable tamer, and I like to know everything I can about summoning demons," he explained. I nodded in understanding, still not liking this. "Do you mind if I watched a sparring match between you and Shura? I've heard you're a very capable sword fighter." I knew this wasn't a question, more of a request. No, a demand.

"Sure," I said. "Though I'm probably out of shape. I haven't sparred in over a month," I explained.

"Oh, of course. Don't worry about," Lightning said, waving it off. "Just try your best," he said with a smile. I nodded and returned the smile. I ran off to get changed into something I could fight in, putting on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

When I was came out of the locker room, I found Rin laying on the floor doing what he called a starfish stretch, though I was sure he was just being lazy. I sat down on the ground next to him and started to stretch. "How are you feeling?" Shura asked as she walked over us. "Lemme see," she said, crouching down next to me. I lifted my shirt up to show the red scar that marred my skin. Shura's face remained impassive as she looked at the since healed wound. "Don't push yourself," she instructed, and I dropped my shirt. "If you need to stop, tell me." I opened my mouth to argue, but she cut me off. "I'm not discrediting you, (Y/N). I'm trying to make sure you remain safe and healthy. You can't do what you need to do if you constantly hurt yourself and don't let yourself heal." I nodded, going back to stretching but being more careful to not strain the sensitive flesh.

As soon as I felt loosened up enough, I got up and made my way over to Shura. Rin continued to lay on the floor, watching us from his spot. "Get up, Rin," Shura commanded. "I need to work with    (Y/N) because she hasn't been here, so you're going to work in the batting cages." Rin groaned and pulled himself up from the floor, slowly making his way over to the cages. "Come on, (Y/N). Let's see what you can do."