Chapter Fifteen

This chapter is better in my opinion, but it's a little filler, but is has some fluff at the end. Anyway, tell me what you think by leaving a comment and voting! Continue on!

"Now, when annotating nonfiction texts..." the constant buzz of my English teacher filled my ears, telling me things I had already done in previous years. It was always the same thing in English class, over and over again. I sighed and scrawled down a few notes on my paper, not really paying attention. There were doodles and random sketches all over my paper, filling in the margins of the seemingly endless notes. I rested my chin on my hand, fighting to keep my eyes open.

I jumped when I suddenly was tapped on the shoulder. I looked up to see Anthony staring at me intently. He looked slightly concerned. "Are you alright? You're falling asleep," he whispered so that the teacher wouldn't hear him. I only nodded, brushing him off slightly. I was tired from our mission the previous today, and if I was going to be honest, I was a little grumpy.

"I'm fine," I whispered back, hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions. Unfortunately, luck was never on my side, and Anthony never seemed to shut his mouth.

"Are you sure? I mean you've never-" The PA system suddenly crackled to life, successfully cutting the boy off. The monotone voice of the office secretary poured out of the speakers on the walls.

"Pardon this interruption, Mr. Okumura's cram school class to the main lobby. Mr. Okumura's cram school class to the main lobby. Thank you." With that, there was a click as the PA system shut off. The room was suddenly filled with the voices of chatty students whispering and creating new rumors. What could they possibly want? And in the middle of the day too! This better be good.

I sighed inwardly I started to pack up my things. Anthony gaped at me disbelievingly, and I avoided his prying gaze. There was a scrapping of a chair, and I knew Shima was following close behind. I felt the eyes of all my classmates on my back as I made my way up to the front of the room to my teacher. Shima and I collected the night's homework and slipped out the door.

"What could they possibly want?" I asked Shima as soon as the door was closed behind us. "Has anything like this ever happened before?" I asked him as we walked quickly down the hall toward the main lobby. Shima shrugged.

"Never," he said. "Must be something pretty big if they pulled us out of class in the middle of the day like this." I nodded the new information not settling well. I could only imagine was was going on. We quickly made our way down the seemingly endless flights of stairs and finally reached the main lobby to find the others standing looking confused. We seemed to be the last ones to arrive.

Mr. Okumura was also standing there looking a little frazzled. His hair stuck up at awkward angles and he looked as if he didn't much sleep. "Thank you for all for responding so quickly. We have been summoned by Mr. Pheles; he wants us at his office. It's something urgent, but he won't share it over phone." This doesn't sound good, I mused. And after everything that happened yesterday? Oh boy, we could be getting us into something pretty bad.

After only a few short minutes, we were standing in Mephisto's office. I was surprised to see that his office was covered from floor to ceiling in anime and manga related things. Mephisto was sitting at his desk, his hands folded neatly on his desk in front of him. His lips were set into a firm line, and his eyes were cold as he stared at us.

"Please, have a seat," he said calmly and waved his hand. I jumped when chairs appeared behind us. I sat tentatively and looked to the headmaster for further explanation. "I apologize for pulling you all out of class so suddenly, but an emergency occurred late last night and we just discovered the severity of the situation this afternoon." He pulled a piece of paper from his desk and began reading aloud. "We want the girl and the Sister Swords. If you do not hand them over, there will be consequences." It felt as if my heart had skipped a beat and I felt Bon tense beside me. Who sent that and why does he want me of all people?