Chapter Twenty-Three

The first part of this chapter was dedicated to the wonderful @silvergrizzly. I appreciate your detailed feedback! It's great to know what I can do to keep the readers engaged with what I'm writing. Well, this chapter would be very engaging (you'll find out what I mean later).  Also, thank you to @kittycat22901 for the great date idea, I appreciate it! Anyway, here we go!

"Bon, where are you taking me now?" I asked as he dragged me up what seemed like a million flights of stairs. The evening had begun with an excellent but causal dinner down town and was followed by a romantic walk in the park. He had been a perfect gentleman the entire night which I loved. He had pulled my seat out for me at the restaurant and gave me his coat when the cold autumn air had proved to be just a little too much.

Just when I thought the perfect evening had come to an end, he revealed that he had yet another surprise in store for me. I wasn't sure what could be better than what had already transpired. Now, his hand was clasped around mine as he led me up the never ending stair cases of the dorm building.

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you where we were going, now would it?" Bon said with a smirk. I only sighed and allowed him to keep leading me. When we finally reached a door, I realized we were on the roof.

"What are we doing on the roof?" I asked, now extremely confused. He only hushed me and put a hand over my eyes. I sighed and allowed him to lead me into the cold night air. I took a few stumbling steps forward before Bon stopped me, his free hand coming to rest on my waist, holding me close to him. He took his hand away from my eyes and placed it on the order side of my waist. I gasped at what I saw.

There were a few cushions accompanied by a few blankets. Through the darkness, I could see candles waiting to be lit. The entire set up looked extremely homey and comfortable and just down right romantic. If this was only our third month together, what could he had in store for the future? I wondered. It can't get much better than this.

"It's not much, but I thought you might like it," Bon said, his deep voice breaking through my thoughts. I turned to look at him to find that he was scratching the back of his neck, a cute blush on his face. I turned around in his arms and wrapped him in a tight hug.

"It's wonderful, Bon. Thank you. I couldn't have asked for a better night," I admitted. He smiled at that and released me, leading me over to the pile of comfort. I sat and watched as he lit a few of the candles, the light of the small flames and the full moon providing us with the perfect amount of light.

When we he was finished he came to sit next to me, but I pushed him down so he was on laying on his back looking up at me. I put my hands on his strong chest and pressed a quick kiss to his lips. "Thank you," I whispered before he leaned up and captured my lips in his own again. When the kiss ended, I just looked into his deep brown eyes. I smiled at him before laying beside him, staring up the night sky. I felt his large hand intertwine with mine where we lay.

We laid on the roof for hours, just enjoying each other's company and naming the constellations in the sky. Well, Bon did most of the naming. He seemed to be quite knowledgeable about them, just like he was about everything else. I tried to follow along where he was pointing, but I couldn't help but stare at his eyes which were wide with wonder, sparkling in the moonlight. He seemed to get that I wasn't paying attention when he glance over and caught me looking at him.

"What?" he whispered.

"Nothing," I said, pushing a loose strand of hair behind his ear. "Just admiring the view," I said with a cheeky grin.

"Oh, well, then you should be looking at yourself," my boyfriend said with a smirk before encircling me in his arms. I giggled and pressed my face to his chest, enjoying his warm sent that never failed to calm me. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" he asked, twirling a piece of my hair in his fingers.