Chapter Thirty-Two

I finally his 5K reads, that's so exciting! So this chapter is once again filled with LOTS of really important information. That seems to be a reoccurring topic I have going on here. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

For the rest of the week, the small box sat on my dresser, untouched. I was afraid to open it, afraid of what I might find. Throughout the week, I had become wary of the rings on my fingers and resorted to not wearing them, placing them in a baggy and putting them next to the box. I had been anxious and irritable all week, my curiosity wanting to know what was it the box and the other, more cowardly, side of me told me not to open it, that whatever was is in there was not worth it.

Finally, curiosity got the better of me, and I grabbed the box off the dresser, sitting down on my bed with my legs crossed. I lifted the silver latch of the box and opened it, finding two letters. One was addressed to me specifically, and the other had no address. I decided to open the one with my name on it first, confident it was from my great grandfather. I opened the envelope it was sealed in messily, my hands shaking with anxiety. I carefully unfolded the best paper, finding a neat, hand written letter. It read:

Dear (Y/N),

By the time you read this, I will have been laid to rest, my dear Kyoko coming to join me. I write this letter to inform you of what's to come. Katsuro and Kitiara have refused your mother as well as your brother with you being the last, and youngest, of the Matsuda family bloodline. You are the new wielder of the Sister Swords, and will eventually have to give a new wielder to the bloodline, that is, if it is your choice to maintain the contract sealed between wielder a demon.

The other letter in his box is from the first wielder of the Sister Swords, Hariuki Matsuda. He was the one to make a contract with Katsuro and Kitiara. The letter contains first hand accounts of the battle that led to the contract. Please read it carefully, and then return to this letter.

I read over the first two paragraphs again to take in as much information as possible. I frowned at the last sentence before reaching into the box and taking out the thick wad of yellowing parchment. I was afraid the yellow material would crumple at my touch, but it did not. It remained intact. Unfolding the parchment revealed dark spots that developed from age. I looked at the top of the letter. It said:

Rewritten: June 26th, 1922
Original written: October 30th, 1562
Next write due: Year 2100

This letter recounts details of the battle of the date above which led to the creation of the Sister Swords. For Matsuda eyes only. Keep this documentation safe. Protect it with your life. Rewrite by mentioned date as to not loose precious information. To be rewritten on parchment.

I frowned slightly at the information. I was beginning to worry. All of this was very serious and very formal. It made me nervous. It made me feel unworthy. It was all very intimidating, and I wasn't sure of what I was getting into. I shook my head and continued to read.

~~~~~~~3rd person point of view~~~~~~
      Date: October 30th, 1562

Rain poured down in buckets over the battle field. This was a holy war that hundreds upon thousands of men were fighting. Or so it was called. Many people believed the war could have been completely avoidable, but the enemy was a force to be reckoned with. They had no conscious and little moral. What moral they had was twisted.

Men lay dead in the long grass of the field,  the ground slick with blood and the recent rain. Two men stood in the middle of the field. They were the only ones left. All other shoulders were either dead, wounded, or had retreated. One man held two swords, one for each hand. They were both like no one had ever seen before. They were unnatural colors, unnerving in the heat of battle. One was a light, periwinkle blue, the other black as night. They were both European one handed long swords. They were strange weapons to see this far east. The wielder has never given information about this deadly weapons. Both were slick with blood, telling of the men they had killed. The other man held a single katana, equally slick with crimson liquid.