Chapter Thirty-Eight

Another chapter up! I hope you enjoy it!

Music played loudly in the background as we joked, laughed, talked, and occasionally sang along. I was in Amelia's dorm for a sleepover, something I hadn't had time for in a while. Much to my dismay, she wanted to have a girl's night. As soon as she saw my reaction she proposed a deal; we each pick something that we like to try and get the other into it. She had picked doing nails and listening to music. She had immediately turned on punk rock music, something that surprised me. I wouldn't have taken her to be punk rock fan, but she proved me wrong.

Later, we were going to watch one of my favorite movies of all time, Silence of the Lambs. I loved it because Hannibal Lector was a genius, and while he could have been very successful, he choose to be a murderer. It was intriguing. It was a fast paced movie, and I loved the action. Amelia had never seen the movie, and I wanted to introduce her to a classic. I had given her basics of the movie, and her face had immediately turned to one of disgust, but I reminded her of our deal.

Amelia was currently painting all of my nails gold, but my ring finger which was going to be painted black. It was nice to just sit and listen to music with a friend, to get away from the stress and worries for a while. The girl across from me put in the lid back on the nail polish and announced that she was done. She inspected her nails which I had done for her.

"Ya know," she said turning her hand back and forth, watching the lamp light glint off the silver nail polish. "For not liking this kind of stuff, you're pretty good," she complemented.

"Just another form of art, I guess," I said with a shrug of my shoulders. "It's always been an outlet," I explained, crossing my legs to sit more comfortably. "It's kinda therapeutic in a way," I told her. She nodded and began cleaning up her nail polishes and other items. "Unless you have art block, that's another story," I said with a smile, causing her to laugh.

"How are you and your boyfriend?" she asked suddenly, a mischievous glint to her eyes and a smirk on her face. I sighed a little and leaned back against her bed. Her smirk immediately fell. "What happened? You didn't break up did you?" she asked, moving to fold her legs under herself. I sat for a moment, looking down at my hands as I tried to figure out a way to tell her without revealing too much.

"We didn't break up," I reassured the girl with ridiculously curly hair. "Our relationship has just been..." I trailed off, looking for the right word, "strained," I finished. She nodded, her eyes telling me to continue. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. I looked up at the ceiling and tried to find the right words. "I'm dealing with family issues right now, and I'm not supposed to tell anyone. I'm lying to his face, and it's killing me, but I don't know what to say," I explained, throwing myself back to lay on the floor, staring up the stark white ceiling of the dorm room. "If I tell him one thing I'm just going to end up spilling it all," I said, looking over at the girl.

She looked thoughtful for a minute, twirling her already curly hair around her index finger. "Well," she began. "I really think you should at least tell him that something is going on," she advised. "Tell him that you are having family issues, and you're not supposed to share. That will at least let him know why you're acting strange." She stared me straight in the eyes before speaking again. "A tense relationship can lead to no relationship like that," she said, snapping her fingers for emphasis. "Communication really is key," she reminded me.

"You don't know Bon like I do," I said, crossing my legs. "He's going to press and press until he has the full truth," I explained. "He presses all the buttons, hits every weakness." She nodded with a frown.

"He's seems like that kind of guy," she mused aloud. "But if he really loves you and values your relationship with you, he'll wait until you're ready to tell him." I nodded, agreeing with her words. "Come on, (Y/N)," she said, poking me in the shoulder. "Tonight is supposed to be fun. Let's watch that stupid scary movie that you like," she said, getting up from her spot and turning on the TV she had in her room.