Chapter Twelve

I have over a hundred reads!!! That's so exciting!!! Thank you to all of you who have been reading, I really appreciate it. Don't forget to comment and vote on this chapter. Anyway, enough from me, let's get back to the story!

(F/B): favorite band

The only sound in the room was that of soft breathing and soft footfalls. The air was still and without any distractions. The room was empty save for myself and Shura who was pacing around me. I had my swords set out in front of me and I sat cross legged on the floor. Shura was having me meditate and repeat the act of calling on the energy. She, just like everyone else, new nothing about these swords. We were trying multiple levels of meditation and at one point, Shura had even called in a priest to aid me. These sessions had become a part of my weekly routine and they were meant to be helping with my connection with my swords. So far, we were having no such luck. I had not gotten any closer other than that uncontrollable surge of power.

"How are you feeling, (Y/N)?" Shura asked from behind me. I merely shrugged. Something felt different today and I wasn't sure what it was. I was slightly distracted, like something was pulling on the back of my mind. "That wasn't very descriptive," Shura scolded. I only hummed. She must have known something was happen and stayed quiet. I reached out with my mind and called on the energy once more. It felt strange, and I felt myself slipping, my consciousness slowly fading until everything was black. I felt myself beginning to panic as I was still awake in mentality but not physically. It was like lucid dreaming but in a dark void.

"Shura!" I called out, frightened. "Anyone? Is anyone there?" Calm down, (Y/N), I snapped at myself. Panicking isn't going to anything for you. Whatever happened must have to do with your swords. There isn't any other explanation. I slowly calmed myself until there was an explosion of white. I was knocked down out of shock, not prepared for the sudden light. Carefully, I opened my eyes, taking in the vast, empty void of white in front of me. It almost frightened me more than the darkness.

I stood up and slowly turned in a circle. I jumped and almost fell back in surprise when my eyes landed on two figures in front of me. There was a boy and a girl, the boy with dark skin and even darker hair, but his eyes were as blue as a summer sky. The girl had pale skin, blue hair, and deep blue eyes. "I am Katsuro," the boy said, his deep voice vibrating inside his chest.

"And I am Kitiara," the girl said. "You have called?" she asked with a dip of her head. I just stared at them, confused at who they were. The boy stepped forward and started to play with my hair, circling me. I stayed still, paralyzed in fear. "Katsuro, you're scaring her," Kitiara scolded. Katsuro did not stop in his actions.

"Is she even of the blood line?" he growled. "She obviously doesn't understand." He turned to look at his companion. "And like you said, she's scared!" he sneered. "I do not serve cowards," he spat in my face. Kitiara made a move to speak, but I beat her to it.

"I'm not a coward!" I yelled, snapping out of my state of fear, now fully angry. I smacked the boy's hands away from my hair. "And get the hell off me! Who are you freaks?" I inquired, jumping back from them and brushing off my clothing. The boy was now smirking as he looked on at me.

"The same fire that resided in Master Matsuda in his golden days," he mused. I frowned, recognizing that to be my mother's maiden name. It was also my great grandfather's last name, the last person that had wielded the sister swords. The girl must have seen my confusion because she said, "Please, allow me to explain. Like I said, I am Kitiara and this is Katsuro; we are the demons that reside in your swords, the sister swords." She paused, letting the new information sink in. "We serve who we believe is worthy and of our sacred blood line." She took a seat on the ground and motioned for me to do so as well. "Back when Japan was known as the waring states, we made a contract with the Matsuda family, to serve and protect as long as the bloodline should stand. Of course, the name has changed when your grandparents gave birth to a girl, but our first master's blood still runs in your veins." I nodded, trying to take everything in.