Chapter Three

Uh, keep reading I guess...anyway here ya go!

Okay, so maybe I was wrong. Maybe this is so bad. I groaned quietly and slapped a hand to my forehead. I ran my hand down my face before my fingers made my way to my hair and tugged hard. The cause of all my stress was a test sitting on the desk in front of me. I was sitting in a class that was supposed to train us in the aria field. I wasn't planning on becoming an aria, but the class was still mandatory. We had to have a little information on fatal verses just in case we couldn't get to our other weapons. I had never been good with memorization, so this class was hell on earth. This had always been the most difficult class for me, and it didn't help that this class was harder and more in depth than at my previous cram school.

I glared down at the paper and resisted shouting in anger. I had studied so long and hard for this test and still could not remember anything. I only knew about half the answers, and I wrote them slowly and unsurely. I sighed, running my hands down my face once more. Before I knew it, the class period was over, and I had to hand in what I had, which wasn't much. I walked up to the teacher and handed the paper to her.

"Miss (L/N), I'd like to have a word with you," she said, and I started crying internally. I already knew how bad my grade was in this class, I didn't need anyone else telling me. "Mr. Suguro, can I borrow you for a moment?" she called, and I gulped.

I knew I wasn't Suguro's favorite person in the world. I had been here for three weeks, and he had not said a word to me outside of an insincere "hello." I could never figure out why Suguro didn't like me, and I most certainly did not have the nerve to ask him. Eventually, seeing my confusion, Shima told me Suguro views me as competition. He viewed me as competition for top of the class and maybe even a little bit of popularity between his two best friends. I had never seen myself as such person as most people didn't talk to me much. They viewed me as the weird and quiet nerd. I wouldn't say they were wrong, but I didn't want to be alone.

Suguro stepped up beside me, and I tensed. The teacher folded her hands in front of her on the desk. "Miss (L/N), you know very well where you grade stands in my class as of this moment, and I've seen that like me, you are not pleased by it." I nodded, not saying a word. My stress level began to rise, and it felt like there was a lead ball rolling around in my stomach. Grades has always been a cause of stress. I was a perfectionist by nature, so I didn't settle for anything less than an A, and in this class, I wasn't even making a B.

"I know that you are very hard working, (Y/N). I've seen your distress over your grades, and I know you are truly trying your best; you wouldn't be so upset if you didn't care. So," she said, turning to speak to Suguro. "I'd like you to tutor her after cram school for an hour or so. Maybe this will help to improve your grade." A million different thoughts were rushing through my head all at once. Does it really have to be Suguro? Why him of all people? I know he has the best grades in the class, but why him?

"I'd be more than happy to," Suguro said formally. I had to keep my jaw from falling open in shock. Did he really just agree to tutor me, just like that? Why would be help me? He sees me as competition!

"Wonderful. Thank you Mr. Suguro. I'll really hope this helps, (Y/N)." I nodded numbly and sent her a weak smile. She dismissed us, and I quickly walked out of the room, Suguro following a little while behind.

"(L/N)!" I heard Suguro's deep baritone voice call after me. I stopped and slowly turned around. He approached me and stopped about three feet in front of me. He had his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face. I had to crane my neck to look up at him. He was easily a foot taller than me; I only stood at five foot. "Look, I don't want to do this anymore than you do, okay?" I nodded dumbly. "Let's just get your grade up so I don't have to do this anymore. Does right after cram school in the library work?" I nodded. "Good, we start today," he said and brushed passed me, heading toward the next class. I released a breath I didn't know I'd been holding. I shook my head and followed Suguro to the next class.