Chapter Twenty-Two

Here ya go. I hope you enjoy it😉

Come on, (Y/N), you know this. This question is right off the study guide you looked at half an hour ago, I told myself desperately trying to remember the fatal verse for Chuchi Moths. Come on, low level demon, kin of Beelzebub, King of Insects. You know this. Book of Acts, but what chapter? And what verse? I wrote Acts on the page hesitantly before tapping the pencil in the paper, trying to visualize the answer that I wrote on the study guide only thirty minutes ago.

This was the last question and one of the few ones I didn't understand. I wanted to get an A on at least one test. On this test, I knew I was probably teetering between a low A and a high B. I stared at the question for five minutes, trying different numbers to find one that sounded right. Acts 13:16! I screamed internally, finally successful in finding the correct answer. I scribbled it down triumphantly. I heard a snicker next to me and knew it was Bon. He had finished after only having the test for ten minutes.

As I stood up to hand in my paper, I smirked and stuck my tongue out at him slightly. He only shook his head, smirking slightly. I approached the teacher's desk, and she smiled at me as I turned in my paper. "You're doing much better, (Y/N)," she commented quietly as Rin and Shima were still finishing their tests. I returned my seat, a smile on my face as I looked at Bon. He put his hand out and I gave him what I called a big high five, but it was probably nothing to him.

I was in an extremely good mood to say the least. I had been doing pretty well in all of my classes, and Bon and I had been dating for three months and he is was taking me out this evening. To top it off, it was a Saturday, and a few of my friends from my old school were visiting today. They were coming over around one o'clock to hang out for a few hours.

I sat and read my book as I waited for the class period to end. Apparently I had been tapping my fingers against the table in anticipation because Bon took my hand in his own and sent me a glance. I smiled cheekily at him when he gave me a questioning look. I'll tell you later, I mouthed to him silently, and he nodded in understanding.

Finally, the bell rang and I hopped up from my seat and gathered my things into my bag. "You're in a good mood this morning," Bon commented. He put his hands on my face as if to check my temperature, something I did often when Bon was acting strange. "Are you feeling alright? You're never this happy," he said with a smirk.

"What? Can't I just be happy?" I asked, swatting his hands off my face and moving to stand with my fists on my hips.

"You? No," he said, deadpan. I sighed and shook my head, a smile still on my face. "So, why are you so happy all of a sudden?" he said, taking my small hand in his strong one as we walked.

"A few of my friends are coming over for a few hours," I explained, swinging our intertwined hands a little bit as we made our way across the courtyard. I could see out of the corner of my eye as he nodded.

"Do I finally get to meet them?" he asked. I looked at him questioningly.

"I didn't know you had any interest in meeting them," I admitted.

"I barley know anything about your old life," he said, putting a hand on the back of his neck. "Well, what I mean to say is I don't know a whole lot about what you were like before coming to True Cross," he explained when I looked at him strangely. I nodded in understanding. I could see where he was coming from. I didn't mention a whole lot of my old school or my old friends.

"Well," I began, not really sure where I was going with this or how to explain it. I looked up at the sky, thinking deeply as Bon led me to the dorms. "I'm not really much different," I admitted. "More confident maybe but still a nerd. Still good in school. Still not good at sports." Bon nudged my shoulder with his own at that, not liking when I said negative things about myself. "Uh," I said, still thinking. "Same sense of humor, all that." I shrugged. "Yeah, not much has changed."