Chapter One

Welcome to the madness that is this fanfic! This is my first one so I hope you enjoy! Don't forget to comment and vote!

The halls were silent and brilliant light filtered through the stain glass windows. The whole hallway looked like a cathedral when the light had just come from over the horizon. The rays of sunlight filled the hall with beautiful light. These were the halls of True Cross Academy's cram school. It felt too good to be true, too good for me.

I sighed, looking up at the beautiful stain glass depictions from the Bible. How did I ever manage to get here? I asked myself. This was the school of rich kids and people smart enough to get a full ride. I was one of the lucky few to get a full ride, and I thanked God everyday. I had been originally going to a smaller cram school for the art of exorcism, and somewhere along the line my good grades got passed along to the headmaster of True Cross. He had offered me a once in a life time opportunity to get into the cram school. Because of my excellent grades in my previous cram school and public school, he offered me a full ride to the academy and cram school. I had of course said yes.

So here I am, standing in front of the door to my new classroom and seemingly my new life. I looked down at the paper the headmaster had given me. Room 1106 it read. Second year exwires. Mr. Pheles had let me in with the second years, seeing as I had excelled in my previous school. Yup, believe it or not this is my room.

My hands shook slightly at the thought of entering the room. Come on. You got this. You deserve to be here along with everyone else! I mean have you seen your grades? My inner voice shouted at me. I took a few deep, semi calming breaths before I swallowed my nerves and grabbed the door handle. I pushed the door open before my nervousness could return.

The sight that greeted me when I entered the room was not what I expected. The room was dingy and kind of a mess. There were only a few students in the class, and the teacher cut off speaking when I entered. I quickly closed the door behind me and went to hand the teacher the note Mr. Pheles had given me. I felt the eyes of the other students bore into me as the teacher read the note. When he had finished, he looked up and smiled at me.

"Ah, so your our new student Mr. Pheles was telling me about. I'm Mr. Okumura, and I'll be your anti demon pharmaceutics teacher." I nodded and smiled slightly. He turned and looked at the class. I followed his gaze and quickly surveyed the class and was a little intimidated by what I saw.

In the front row was a boy with dark hair and a girl with sunny blonde hair. The girl looked nice enough, and the boy just looked indifferent, maybe even a little sleepy like he had just woken up for a nap. Next to them was a girl with purple pigtails, and I shivered slightly under the glare she was sending me. On the far side of the class room we're two boys, one with pink hair and one who had his head shaven. On the other side of the aisle was a boy with brown hair with a yellow stripe down the middle. He also had a few piercings adorning his ears. He was staring at me indifferently. In the very far back was another boy with light brown hair and a pink rabbit puppet on his hand.

"This is our new student (F/N). She was previously going to a smaller cram school, but the headmaster offered her a place with us." He paused before he continued. "I expect you all to welcome her kindly," he said, his voice a little darker. This worried me a little bit. He turned back to look at me, a smile once again in his face. His smile was seemingly contagious, and I gave him another smile. "I apologize, but you walked in on a test day. I'm going to have you take it to see what you know, but it won't be graded." I nodded again, still not able to find my voice. "I'm going to have you sit next to Mr. Suguro." I turned to see the boy with multicolored hair move his stuff from half of the desk.