Chapter Fifty-Five

Wow, haha this took forever! I'm pretty happy with it though, and I thank you for being so patient! Let me know what you think through a like and/or comment. Enjoy!

"Bedrest? Are you kidding me?" I exclaimed, loudly voice my opposition to the discussion. I stared at the people across from me, those people being Yukio, my father, and Bon. All three of them seemed to deflate at my words, Bon even going as far as to smack his own forward and shake his head. I glared at the five of them, angry with them and angry with myself. "I'm fine now," I said. "Really!" I tried to convince them. None of them looked impressed.

"(Y/N)," Yukio, began as he took off his glasses and cleaned them when his shirt. "I understand that you feel better, and your vitals have improved, but you just can't be cleared yet," he said. I slumped against myself, the first part of his speech bringing me a little bit of hope only for it to be crushed in just a few words. "You've never experienced a seizure before and because we don't know exactly why you had one or how to predict one, we can't release you just yet." Anger began to churn in my stomach.

"So you're telling me that I'm just going to have to sit here in this hospital bed until we figure out what is wrong with me?" I snapped, glaring at the young doctor. "A demon caused my seizure! That's it! There's nothing we can do to stop it except for killing that bastard. And how the hell am I supposed to do anything about that if I'm cooped up in a hospital bed? Tell me that!" I snapped. "And everyone has been promising me that we're going to get through this and that my life is going to go back to the way things were to before, back to normal. How many months has it been? How many months has it been of me being scared for my life, scared that Ishida is going to kill me in my sleep? People keep promising me that this is going to be fixed but nothing has changed! If anything, it's only gotten worse!" I was breathing heavily at the end of my little rant and tears were streaming down my face.

Yukio sighed. Ryuji came over and sat next to me on my bed, pushing my hair away from my face as he rubbed my back with one hand. My father came over and sat down by my feet, putting a hand on my leg.  "I know how frustrating this can be, (Y/N). I know that you feel powerless. And I know that many things have been promised to you, (Y/N), and trust me, we are working on it. We all want to see you out of this. We all want to see you safe," he said. I nodded knowing he was right, furiously wiping the tears away. Bon brushed my hands out of the way and placed his hands on my cheeks, taking over the cleaning of my face.

"I'm sorry," I gasped out through my tears. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry," I said as I pushed my boyfriend's hands away so that I could cover my face with my own hands.

"It's okay, (Y/N)," I heard Ryuji say in that deep baritone voice of his. "No one's mad at you. We know you're frustrated," he soothed, running his hand over the top of my head to smooth my hair back.

"I'll come and check on you after classes, (Y/N)," I heard the young doctor say before I heard his footsteps retreating before the door closed softly. A hand came up and squeezed my knee.

"Are you going to be okay, kiddo?" I heard my father ask. I nodded and wiped my face once more so that I could look at the red-haired man. There was a soft frown on his face as he looked at me. He glanced down at his watch, cursing softly under his breath. "I have to get back to the shop, sweetheart. Will you be okay if I leave? Or do you want me to stay?" he asked, his voice soft and soothing. I was conflicted. I really did want him to stay, but I knew I would be okay, and I knew that he had other obligations.

"I'll be okay, dad," I said with a sniffle. He didn't look too convinced. "I promise; I'll be okay." He took a deep breath, seemingly having an inner battle with himself.

"Only if you're sure," he said, an eyebrow raised. I nodded, giving him a small smile and a thumbs up. This caused him to laugh slightly, his small frown being replaced by a small smile. "You call me if you need anything, you hear?" he said, wagging a finger at me. My smile grew.