Chapter Sixteen

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Comment and vote to let me know what you think!

The school hallways were filled with the sounds of chatting students, feet against the tiles, and the slamming of lockers. I was currently at my locker digging my books out, trying desperately to organize my school bag while I waited for Bon. With regular classes topped off with cram school classes, my bag and locker were just a mess. I sighed and pulled a lose paper out and looked over it. An old test. Don't need that, I thought and crumpled it up and shoved it in my pocket.

"(Y/N)?" I heard a male voice behind me say. I spun on my toes were I was crouched it front if my locker and looked up. I gulped when I realized it was Anthony. He had his bag slung over his shoulder as he looked down at me, a confused expression on his face. I quickly stood up and brushed my clothes off, grabbing my bag off the floor.

"What's up?" I said with a small smile. I was really hoping he wouldn't bring up the pervious day, but it wasn't likely to work in my favor. He looked sort of nervous as he stood before me.

"Why didn't you just tell me you were in the cram school?" he asked earnestly, looking a little offended. "I thought we were friends, but you didn't tell me?" he said in a questioning manner.

"I, uh," I stuttered, fingering the straps of my backpack. "I just didn't want all the attention," I told him truthfully. "First coming to this school on a full ride and then the cram school..." I trailed off, trying to explain. He nodded in what looked like was understanding.

"I get it," he muttered, looking away and scratching the back of his neck. He looked upset and there was suddenly a sinking feeling in my stomach. I was never the best in social situations and was only very to successfully comfort one person, that person being Mady. I knew her like the back of my hand, but Anthony...I knew little to nothing about him.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you," I murmured, not sure what else to say. "It never really came up and I just didn't think it was that important," I continued, trying desperately to justify my actions.

"It's fine, (Y/N)," I heard Anthony say, but I refused to look back up at him. "I understand that it might have difficult for you to be dealing with all that. I shouldn't have pressed." I nodded and quietly thanks him for understanding.

Finally looking up, I could see a small smile accompanied by a blush coloring his face. "So, (Y/N)," he began, suddenly unable to meet my eyes. Uh oh. This can't be going anywhere good, I thought, already having an idea where this conversation was going. "I know you have a really busy schedule, now that I know you're in cram school I understand, but I was wondering if maybe you had room in your schedule to go out with me sometime?" he asked, the first time I'd seen him actually shyly. Uh oh. I felt my heart pound against my chest aggressively, feeling as if it might burst. I've never had to deal with a situation like this before, and I didn't know what to do or say.

"Uh, I, um, Anthony, you're a really nice guy, but I don't really see you in that way; I have a boyfriend," I said slowly, wringing my hands out of stress. I waited in silence, shifting my weight from foot to foot, waiting to hear what he was say. "I'm sorry," I told him when he didn't answer.

"Nothing to be sorry for," Anthony said quickly, his voice hard. "Have a nice day, (Y/N)," he said and was gone in the blink of an eye. I stood gaping like a fish. That wasn't the way I thought it was going to go.

"(Y/N)?" I jumped when a familiar voice sounded from behind me. I turned and looked up to see Bon standing before me. "What happened? Who was that?" he asked as he took my hand in his own.

"I think I just ruined a friendship," I sighed and put my free hand to my forehead. He raised an eyebrow and I proceeded to explain. I was slightly worried about what he would think about another boy asking me out, but he took it extremely well.