Chapter Forty-Six

AH YA THIS IS LATE.
I'm sooooooo sorry. Adulting is kicking my ass right now, let me tell you what. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Tell me what you think with a vote and/or a comment!

I gasped as I came awake from a disturbing nightmare, trying to figure out where I was. Nothing looked familiar. It was often this way after a particularly terrible nightmare. My hands shook as the as I was left in the wake of an adrenaline crash. I took deep breaths, telling myself I was safe, that I was fine, I wasn't there, but I couldn't believe myself.

Something curled around my waist, and I let out a startled scream, whacking the offending object with all of my strength. "Ow, (Y/N), what the hell?" a tired but angry voice sounded. "Don't hit me," the voice said before something grabbed my wrist. I yelped and struggled harder, fighting against the strong restraints which I realized were someone's hands. "(Y/N), it's just me, what are you doing?" the deep voice asked. My hands were now pinned above my head so keep me from hitting my attacker. I flailed my legs desperately trying to land a hit on my attacker.

"Let go!" I growled, trying to rip my hands away from me. "I don't have what you want," I snapped. "You can't even use them, dammit all!" A weight suddenly settled on my thighs, immediately stoping me from kicking my attacker. The person began to speak before I got a chance to open my mouth and scream for help.

"(F/N), I don't know what's going through that head of yours, but you need to listen to me!" the voice command. I suddenly felt small and powerless against his voice. His tone was not to be argued with. I immediately felt small and helpless, all of the adrenaline rushing out of my system, leaving me shaking and tired. The large hands slowly removed themselves form my wrist only to rest on my face. I flinched and let out a whimper, scared of what was going to happen next.

"(Y/N), it's okay," the voice murmured, suddenly much softer than before. Thumbs ran against my cheeks, and I tried to pull away, but the hands were too strong to fight. "You're safe, love. You're safe, more than safe. You're okay." The voice just kept repeating similar words like a mantra, slowly calming me until I realized who was pinning me to the bed.

"R-Ryuji?" I questioned shakily through the sobs that threatened to cripple me. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," I cried.

"Hush, hush now," he soothed. "It's okay, really, babe. It's okay. You can't control something like that," he reminded me. "I don't blame you in the slightest. Remember," he said tapping my nose, and I couldn't hold back the flinch. My boyfriend either didn't notice or ignored it because he didn't mention it. "Can't go blaming yourself for stuff you can't control." I smiled at him and something that was a mix between a sob and a laugh slipped out of my lips. I knew he was referring to how I had hounded him about blaming himself after I was stabbed. That memory made a shiver raced up my spine. He must have noticed that one because he began speaking again. "It's okay. You're not there. It's just me and you. We're in the old boys dorm in my room, remember?" he asked softly, gently stroking my hair.

He slowly lowered himself next to me, placing an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I gratefully snuggled into his strong chest. A lingering kiss was pressed to my cheek, innocent and sweet. "I'm sorry I hit you," I muttered into his shoulder. My eyes were still open as I stared at the wall in front of me. I refused to close my eyes, too scared hat I was slip back into another nightmare.

"Don't worry about it, babe," he whispered back, reaching up to place his large hand on the back of my head. His long fingers ran through my hair soothingly, and I melted into his touch even further. "(Y/N)," he whispered. I hummed in response, letting him know he had my attention. "I think you should tell your dad what's going on," he suggested quietly. I immediately tensed, not liking the idea. I didn't want to stress my dad. He already had enough on his plate. I had worried him enough as it was. "(Y/N), I know you don't want to worry him, but it needs to be done. He's your father. He needs to know." I nodded, knowing he was right.