Chapter Nineteen

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! This chapter in a gift from me to all of my wonderful readers. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It was tough to write but I think it turned out pretty nicely. Anyway, enough of my rambling, onward!

The air was calm as golden sunlight filtered in through the blinds and flashed over my closed eyelids. I laid quietly for a few minutes, trying to wake myself up. When I tried to roll over to reach for my glasses on the nightstand, I found myself unable to move. My eyes snapped open, and I looked down to see a muscular arm curled around my stomach. My breathing almost stopped as I tried to figure out what was going on and why there was a another person in my bed. I scanned the room, coming to realize that this was in fact not my room. I sighed when the events of the previous night forced their way to the front of my brain.

Letting out a huff of irritation at my inability to get out of bed, I settled for squirming onto my side to face Bon. I smiled as I gazed at the peaceful look on his face. I had never seen him so free of stress and tension. His long hair hung down on his face, moving slightly when he breathed out through his nose. I trailed my fingertips over his cheekbone and smiled when his nose scrunched up slightly. I brushed the long strands of hair out of his face, marveling at how soft it was; he never let me touch his hair. Why? I wasn't sure. I ran my hand through his hair gently, smiling softly. The only reaction I got from him was to be pulled closer to him, if that was even possible.

Even when his eyes fluttered open, I didn't remove my hands from his hair. I twirled a little piece of hair at the nape of his neck. "Why are you touching my hair?" he grumbled, his baritone voice even deeper from sleep. I only gave him a cheeky grin. "I guess I'll allow it, you're pretty cute," he said. I giggled with a blush and buried my face in his chest. He chuckled and ran his fingers into my knotted hair, combing it gently.

The comforting movements had almost lulled me back to sleep where there was a knock on the door. I eyes widened slightly while Bon just let out an irritated sigh and looked toward the door. "Bon? Are you awake?" It was Konekomaru.

"No," Bon groaned loudly, letting his head fall back to rest against the pillow, his eyes closing. My eyes widened as the sound of the door being opened reached my ears. I looked up at Bon, waiting to see what he would do. He only looked over at the door, one eye open.

"Your father sent me to get you. Rin made-" Konekomaru's voice cut off sharply. I was still stuck in a position where I couldn't see Konekomaru. My face was still buried in my boyfriend's chest, his arm still wrapped around me protectively. Heat rushed my to cheeks and I knew my face was becoming a nice red color.

"I - uh - I d-didn't mean to interrupt," I heard Konekomaru squeak.

"You didn't interrupt anything," Bon said through a sigh. "She had a bad nightmare last night and came over here," he explained calmly. "Nothing happened." There was a beat of silence before Konekomaru spoke again.

"I - uh. Okay," he stuttered. "Anyway, your father sent me to get you up. Breakfast was ready a while ago," he informed us. At the prospect of food, I managed to wrench myself from Bon's grasp and sit up.

Bon chuckled and said, "We'll be down in a few minutes." Bon then looked at me and said, "Make that a few seconds." I vaguely noticed the sound of the door closing as I snatched a pillow and hit my boyfriend in the face with it. I could hear him laughing which encouraged me to continue hitting him.

Before I knew it, Bon had grabbed the pillow from my hands and pinned me underneath him. His hands on were on either side of my head, and his knees were on either side of my hips. My face regained its red color as I looked up at him. His lips were suddenly on mine as he gave me a sweet kiss. It was long and slow and left me breathless. I placed my hands on his cheeks, pulling him closer, losing myself in the feel of the kiss. He slowly removed his lips from my own only to pepper my face with little pecks, causing me to giggle. He finally pulled away and looked at me softly.