JNPR "What's that?"

Jaune Arc:

Y

ou stared up at your dad as he stretched in front of the bed you sat on.

“Daddy.” You hummed.

“Yeah?” he replied, turning to look at you as he took off his armor piece by piece. Eventually he was left in his hoodie and jeans, and you couldn’t help but look at the animal on his pullover.

“What’s that?”

You pointed to the bunny logo, and he smiled sweetly.

“Aw, that’s Pumpkin Pete! It’s my favorite type of cereal.”

“Ohhhh.” You breathed.

“You wanna try some?”

You nodded and clapped, and he walked over to the kitchen to pull out a bowl and some cereal. Then, he poured it in the bowl before adding the milk.

“Here!” he took a spoonful and chomped happily.

Jaune held the full spoon out to you, and you bit on the cereal as he had done.

Your eyes bulged and you spit it on the floor. “Bleh!!” You coughed a little as you choked it back out.

“Hey! Don’t spit on the floor.” He exclaimed.

Jaune wiped it up quickly. “If you don’t like it then spit in the trashcan.”

You glared and stomped to your blocks on the floor.

“So I guess you don’t like it…?”

“NO!”

Nora Valkyrie:

Everyone in the dorm slept peacefully, minus you, who had been lying awake ever since you heard the loud clap of thunder. Your eyes stayed wide, and you shivered beside your mother in fear. What was making all that noise?? And why was it so close?

Finally, you had enough, and you scooted closer to Nora to absorb the comforting warmth.

“Mommy.” You whispered, your eyes tearing up.

“Hm?” She asked, barely peeking one eye open to look at you.

“What’s that?” You said as you listened to the complicated rhythm of the rain.

“What’s what?”

The thunder struck loudly, causing you to yelp out. “That!”

“Oh.” she giggled. “That’s thunder.”

“What’s thunder?”

“Thunder is when...well...thunder is…” She struggled to think of an explanation to give you.

You looked at her hopefully, waiting calmly for her to enlighten you.

“Rain is when the sky cries...and thunder is when the sky asks for the hunters and huntresses for help.”

“Why is the sky crying?” you frowned.

“Because it misses us.”

“Huh?”

“We came from the sky, and the sky wants us back because the sky loves us. That’s why it cries.”