Clover Ebi

Finds you:

C

lover looked around him suspiciously. There were noises everywhere. Whines, sneezes, cooes, and cries. He had no idea what was going on, and to anyone looking at him he must’ve looked crazy. But as he got closer to the sound, realization struck him, and he yanked the blanket off of the small child laying on the ground.

He lifted you gently, like you were a doll, going to break at any moment. But you didn’t. You simply cried. And his heart broke. Seeing you, so small and scared and helpless, yet so alone hurt him deeper than anyone could think.

How could someone not want you? Even he wanted to be your father, and he just saw you. But that meant something. That meant something big. Usually, he wasn’t one for a lot of emotion or giggles or smiles, but this one time, he decided he could actually help someone. And he could help himself.

He could be a father. And a good one at that.

You closed your eyes and drooled a bit. He wiped it from your mouth.

“Goodnight, (Y/N).” he whispered.

Kisses and high fives:

C

lover held you as we walked down the street, watching people run their way around the town. He smiled at you, surprised that you could sleep. He stopped himself quickly, and put his normal drooped face on. Nothing could get to him. But you, of course.

And you did, with your tiny sleeping form. He kissed your cheek lovingly.

Suddenly, a small kiss was planted on his cheek, and he looked down at you. You smiled sleepily, rubbed your eyes, and then went back to sleep. He couldn’t help but grin, which was very out of character for him. But he couldn’t stop it. It was already there.

First word:

Y

ou were sitting in your father's lap, watching people go by as you both sat on a bench in a public area. You sat, eating ice cream from your hands as your father held it for you. He was distracted today, thinking of everything but you, and that wasn’t allowed. 

“Dah, blah.” you tried to get his attention, but it didn't work. You began to get irritated, and soon you were gurgling up a storm.

“Dahhdeeeee!” you tried again, and this grabbed your father's head and jerked it to you.

You smiled widely at him and took some more icecream. He didn’t stop watching you, and soon he was also making incoherent noises.

“Dahhh.” you shrieked, kicking and giggling.

“Good job!” he praised.

You smiled at him.

First steps:

Y

ou stood against the wall opposite of your father, as he was trying to encourage you to walk. You didn’t want to, but you tried anyway. You barely made it to him before falling again. You didn’t want to disappoint him, so you stood up and ran. He caught you before you could fall.

“Good girl!” he cooed.

You smiled, and he allowed a small smirk to form.

First birthday:

Marrow! You done with decorations?” Clover yelled.

“Yeah!” Marrow shouted from the dining room.

“Elm!! Is the cake coming good?!”

“Yes it is!”

“Harriet!”

Clover walked into the dining room, only to find her sitting on the couch. 

“What?”

“You’re not helping.” Clover crossed his arms.

“It’s not my daughter.” Harriet smirked.

“Well, it’s mine, so get up.”

Harriet rolled her eyes, but got up anyway and headed straight for the dining area. Clover looked at the room, and, satisfied with the cleanliness, left the door open and walked back to the others. It was almost time for you to wake up from your nap, and he couldn’t wait to show you your party.

Not that he would show anyone but you, anyway.

He walked to your nursery and opened the door gently. Then, he shook you awake. You rolled over, unsatisfied with being woken up. Slowly, he lifted you from your bed and dressed you.

 Slowly, he lifted you from your bed and dressed you

You looked in the mirror and smiled. You loved your dress! It matched you perfectly. Your father grabbed your hand and led you out to where everyone was standing. It was incredible! There was even a beautiful cake in the center of the very decorated table.

(Just imagine your favorite cake, and comment cakes for Vine, Elm, and Harriet)

"Happy birthday!” everyone yelled.

“Don’t eat the candles, they are not a part of the cake.” Vine said, his voice drained of most tone.