Blake: first steps

Blake carried you through the courtyard, annoyed by her teams squabbling again. As she walked, she saw a patch of flowers that would be perfect to set you in. As she sat you down, Sun walked over. He sat down beside you.

"Has she staryed walking yet?" He asked.

Blake shook her head. "No, but I'm giving her the space and time to do it."

Sum smiled. "Let me help."

He put his fingers in your tiny hands, and lifted you up. Sliding his feet under yours, he began slow, light steps forward. You giggled, feeling as though you, yourself, was walking. He smiled at your giggles, wishing that they would stay that way forever, and Blake watched with a satisfied grin on her face. She was happy enough that her baby was able to laugh, even though the danger, and she was happy that you saw her as your mother, though she was not biologically related to you. Son made his way back over to Blake and sat you back down in the grass. As your mother and Sun talk, you stood up. When Sun helped you walk, you felt powerful. You could only imagine what it would be like to be able to walk by yourself. As you Shaklee wobbled to another patch of grass, your mother and Sun looked around for you. Blake jumped up, and before you walked back over to her, a kitten ran to your feet and played with the laces on your shoes. You giggled and petted the kitten a bit harshly, though the animal didn't seem to mind. Sun pointed over to you, and Blake ran faster than the guy with the red suit and yellow squiggles on his shirt that you saw Ruby and Yang watching. She jerked you up and held you.

"Now that shes walking, we gotta keep and eye on her, huh?" Sun asked, pwtting your (H/C) hair.

Blake smiled.

"I guess so."